Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't freakin' win!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 3 Replies

So it's been about 2 weeks since the incident with DD, DH and the ILs.  Today he decides he wants to take DD out again.  I'm still not 100% trusting of it, but decide that it's ok.  So I get DD ready (he wants to take her out but won't get her ready, never will I understand that) and he decides after I get her dressed and she knows she's going somewhere, that it's a bad idea because we're going to fight.  HOW DOES HE KNOW?  Unless he does something I don't want him to do, then we aren't going to fight...DUHHHHH. 

He started arguing with me when we got up this morning.  It's like he wants to fight.  I asked where they were going and he said to pick out something for me for Valentine's Day and stop at the bakery.  I said ok but then he makes a comment that he doesn't know what I like.  WTF?  We've been together for 2 1/2 years and he doesn't know what I like?  That just proves that he has never paid any attention to what I say.  I've come out and told him that I liked the earrings on the damn KMart commercial (they're only $20).  I've explained many times what my taste in jewelry is like.  Told him repeatedly that just a card (a $0.50 one even) would be fantastic. 

A commercial for some jewelry store came on TV and he said "you want that don't you?".  I told him no, it's too gaudy for me (it was very ornate and not me at all).  He said he didn't know what gaudy was and when I tried to explain he got all pissy because I use words that he "never heard of".

I'm beginning to doubt that I want to be with him.  I think I still love him but how can I be sure?  This constant bickering is causing me to become depressed again.  Last week in therapy he said he was in a loveless marriage and wanted out...but wouldn't leave.  Then the next day told me he loved me and kissed me goodbye before he went to work.  I'm so confused.  One minute he wants to be here, the next he doesn't.  Which is making me question myself.  Honestly the way I feel right now is that the only good that has come out of this relationship is DD.

I'm almost to the point to want to be put back on meds, but think that if he doesn't also get on some it's never going to work....thanks for letting me vent!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM

hugs! men are idiots, talk to him about how you're feeling. if he doesn't get it after that, you'll have some decisions to make. being in a relationship like that is hard, and it's so frustrating when everything gets turned into a fight.

annaica
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Ugh men are senseless when it comes to what we like i have found... i have been with my SO for 6 years and he should know i don't like yellow gold yet he buys me yellow gold. He didn't even notice it was yellow gold he said. I wish there was a way to get around all that!
hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:30 PM

im sorry your going through all of this but i would continue to go to counseling and try to work through your problems. good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)