Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sick of feeling like this

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

My depression seemed to be getting better but in the past like two months it has seemed to get worse. I am always tired, I never want to do anything and I seem to always be sick, right now as I am typing this I feel sick. I always feel sad and unhappy, things seemed to be getting better but in early December I had to move back in with my parents and it has all seemed to go down hill since then.

I also recently gave my boxer to a friend which has been hurting alot, I had her for two years and worked hard to get her. I still see her but it is not the same as having her here with me. 

I hate my job (cashier at walmart). I hate dealing with the snobby costumers and it is only part time , sometimes I have 30 hours a week and sometimes I have as little as 15 hours a week. I need a more stable job but have had no luck, I have been filling out apps for a couple months now. I am in school which is online but I don't seem to care about it lately, I use to enjoy doing it but now I put it off until last minute and have to force myself to do it.

I am sick of feeling sick and down all the time, I never use to be sick but now I am always sick.  I have come to the point I want to be left alone , I do not want to be bothered by people including my own son.  Sometimes I have days where I eat eat and eat and some days I don't really eat anything. Sometimes I will eat just because I am bored. I wish there was some kind of switch I could just flick to make myself better 

simple frown

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alex825
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Have you talked to someone about how you feel, meaning a doctor who specializes in depression. I had depression, but I was more manic. Couldn't shut my head off from over thinking. It took me six months of trial and error for meds, but I am as normal as I am ever going to get. I feel good when I wake up. No more anxiety attacks, and I get out of bed feeling so much better. Plus have your thyroid checked, that can also cause severe depression in woman there is so much help out there, no need to suffer. 

Island1421
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I understand what you are going through. Are you taking any medication? Therapy? Hope you feel better.angel mini

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM

sounds like you might need to see a therapist. it sounds like a lot of your depression is situational and you need to change a few things in your life or learn how to deal with so much. good luck!

deltathree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM

hugs

slowandsteady
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I can really relate to how you are feeling. Lately, I don't want to do ANYTHING either. I am trying some new meds and I do go to therapy, but I am still struggling day to day. I so agree with you that I wish there was a switch that someone could flip to make us feel better. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone. I'm not giviing up hope for either of us. HUGS!

kayakchick
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Hugs. Just know that you are not alone.
dolphin2000
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Hope you find some kind of happiness soon
Life sucks but life can also be great
Just try to find your happy place
•••• hugs ••••
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leobaby2007
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Feel better soon. I had a terrible week myself. I almost had a nervous breakdown, but I am picking up the pieces and trying to move on...

(((BIG HUGS)))

matreshka
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM

moving back in with the parents can be really hard. dh and i had to do it when i was pregnant to save for a better place to live. i felt like i was walking on eggshells the whole time.  and the unreliability in hours and therefore pay is a major stressor too.

I would try talking to a therapist, they can determine if what you are feeling is due to the rough situations you have going on and may be able to help you, especially if you see a therapist that is also a social worker. that's who i see.  they can also determine if you need to see a psych doc.  a med will never fix a situation though.

lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM

what ever you do, DON"T GIVE UP.  get on some good meds, even if you have to try a few before he finds the right one, and take the antidepressant every single day at about the same.  my sister takes celexa but only takes it when she feels that she needs it.  she takes it at all times of the day and she wonders why it doesn't work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)