Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Mother or two and wife to a L3 Law Student <.>

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello my name is Kristen and I have been married for a lil over nine years to my soulmate who is now in his last year (L3) of Law School so that means I am the main parent to our two boys ages 8 1/2 yrs and 9 1/2 months.....I have been dealing with a great dela of emotions since we first got married...

He deployed when we had only been married for 7 weeks, I gave birth to our first during this....and endured more deployments and military life (nearly as a single parent)...

We have gone through so much in such little time...deployments then moving back to live with my in laws so he could finish his undergrad...then enter law school...I am blessed to have a nice and free place to live but its often hard when nothing is really yours all the while others your age seem to be moving onward with their own lives......I have put my schooling on hold to raise our two boys and to work ....untill we had our second child...now I stay at home...and with this year being his last that means time to pay back students loans and him taking the State Bar and passing (I pray) and finding a job (I pray) and maybe me actually going back to school (I pray) its a lot on top of raising a nearly 10 month old...dont get me wrong I DONT mean to sound like I am complaining...its just a lot.....

to go from living on your own to then living as some what a child in your in laws home...then have your soulmate/husband become stressed with school and slowly becoming a "Obey me" sort..sometimes he seems like he is trying too hard to make me a certain way....idk all in all sometimes I feel trapped and depressed when I have soo much to be blessed and htankful over...I hate that feeling not to mention he seems to think I ACTUALLy enjoy feeling and being this way I TRIED Xanax and NO THANKS...it made me super sleepy and only helped a little...IDK I just think and know in a year or two things will FINALLY begin to settle into the pace this stage in our life should be I knwo this will help its just right now in the final stretch of this stage of our "chapter" in life its hard and its even harder to get him to see this >.<

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

hugging

lucy164
by Peggy on Feb. 16, 2012 at 8:15 AM

maybe you need to get on antidepressants and ask for anxiey med that won't make you so sleepy.  klonopin does not have those kind of results for me  it never makes me sleepy,  my husband wants me to obey him also, so a i say okay and then just do what i want to do.

Mommyzlovez
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Yeah b/c if the medication says 'MAY cause" in me it WLL cause sleepyness for some odd reason it hits me hard, very hard..on top of not always getting either enough or continuos sleep AND all that comes with babies and house work lol....all in all its the fect I am in the dark on sooo much and dont know about a lot b/c he is sooo stressed he doesnt decuss things I actualy do need to know, then you add the whole hormonal thing and its like gas and kerosene lol....but yes I dont like my PCP he doesnt listren at all so Ill talk to my obgyn in march at my visit....all in all just cant wait till this year is over as sad and silly as that sounds lol.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)