Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Welcome to Depression Support Center! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM
  • 245 Replies

welcomeWelcome to Depression Support Center!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Depression Support Center Group Signatures!

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In  

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamivon3
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, My Name is Stefanie and I am 32 years old. I am original from Germany. I met my Husband over there while he was stationed close to my hometown. We're married for almost 12 years and have 3 children. Alexis (11), Emily (7) and Lukas (2). In 2008 we moved to the states, which was a first time for me and I really like it here. I had PPD with my 2DD and was in the hospital twice within 6 month. After DS was born I started to have symptoms for ppd again . I started medication again and went to counseling. End of 2010 we moved from Ga to Co, where I was in the hospital for Depression again. Recently I had a psych evaluation and was diagnosed with Dysthima (sp?) and Borderline personality Disorder. I just started to see another Therapist just for borderline to do DBT therapy. Don't know much about, but I know it's gonna be a long road. If you want to know more you always can go on my homepage.

mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Hi, I am Suzanne 45 years old, kids ranging from 15-25. His, my, ours lol

I've been depressed all of my life, at lease as long as I can imagine,

I live in Vancouver, BC and am on my 3ed and last marriage. We've been together ten years.

ria0790
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this

hello im maria- i have had depression since i was 11, i have attempted suicide once before i was pregnant, now i am pregnent i am happy i am pregnant, but i am so low, and lonely, i have no family or firends and dont know what to do, i dont know if my husband is chaeting, all the signs are there, i have no self confidence, i dont jknow what to do.

concilling doesnt work with me, they just sit there and dont say much, i prefer talking to someone whose gone thru the same thing.

pleasde help.

rhodaj
by rho on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM
3 moms liked this

jarenlangford
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 4:19 AM
Hi I am 32 have been a domestic victim from my ex husband he also abused our 2 kids my son 5 at the time my daughter was 2 then that was 4 years ago I am remarried have a step daughter and my new husband and I have little girl she's 2. I have struggled with depression most of my life got pod after my 2nd child and after my horrible divorce and finding out my ex abused our kids when they had to go to ears on the weekends. this has made my depression _unbareable and I cant pull myself out this time. how to forgive my ex I think holds me back I need some kind of support group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jarenlangford
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 4:22 AM
I have been in a very similar situation contact meds I would be glad to helpline

Quoting ria0790:

hello im maria- i have had depression since i was 11, i have attempted suicide once before i was pregnant, now i am pregnent i am happy i am pregnant, but i am so low, and lonely, i have no family or firends and dont know what to do, i dont know if my husband is chaeting, all the signs are there, i have no self confidence, i dont jknow what to do.

concilling doesnt work with me, they just sit there and dont say much, i prefer talking to someone whose gone thru the same thing.

pleasde help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amo3373
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 4:59 AM

Hi.  I'm 38 y/o.  Been depressed for as long as I can remember.  Counceling down't totally work for me.   I don't trust them.  I have attempted suicide, been locked up (that made  it worse), and been on drugs for it forever ....  I am a stepmom to two boys 14y/o and almost 17 y/o.  My husband is terminally ill with a rare disease with no real treatment.  That's me in a nut shell .  At least my first layer LOL

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 7:19 AM

HAve you tried to talk to your dh, not in a confrontational way, but about your feelings and you wondering if he is doing it because of the signs you see.  I am pretty isolated myself and found this group to be very helpful for that.

Maybe try a prenatal yoga class to get out and meet other people.

Quoting ria0790:

pleasde help.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Welcome, I have ptsd from domestic violence and sexual assault. I;m sorry he abused the kids.  Forgivness is something I am working on. the one part I get is that fogiveness is releasing yourself and making peace with the past so that you can move on, not telling the other person it was okay.

feel free to jump in anywhere, we are a very supportive group of women.

Quoting jarenlangford:

Hi I am 32 have been a domestic victim from my ex husband he also abused our 2 kids my son 5 at the time my daughter was 2 then that was 4 years ago I am remarried have a step daughter and my new husband and I have little girl she's 2. I have struggled with depression most of my life got pod after my 2nd child and after my horrible divorce and finding out my ex abused our kids when they had to go to ears on the weekends. this has made my depression _unbareable and I cant pull myself out this time. how to forgive my ex I think holds me back I need some kind of support group

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Weclome to the group. There are a lot of supportive ladies here. Check our sticky thread on book reccomendations they may help.  Ive been in and out of the hospital like it was a revolving door in the past.  I know how frustrating it can be that the treatment doesn't work as well as it should.

I am sorry for your DH's illness.

Quoting amo3373:

Hi.  I'm 38 y/o.  Been depressed for as long as I can remember.  Counceling down't totally work for me.   I don't trust them.  I have attempted suicide, been locked up (that made  it worse), and been on drugs for it forever ....  I am a stepmom to two boys 14y/o and almost 17 y/o.  My husband is terminally ill with a rare disease with no real treatment.  That's me in a nut shell .  At least my first layer LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN