Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Welcome to Depression Support Center! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Depression Support Center!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Depression Support Center Group Signatures!

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In  

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (171-180):
twty
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 2:23 PM

h

twty
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 2:24 PM

hello my name is terry and i need help in everyway! i have no friend and just recently i told my sister to rot in hell! help!!!

jurnee14
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM

HI, Im laura, Im 43 yrs old,and have 4 kids ages 27,25,19 and 10. I have suffered from depression and anxiety as long as I can remmbeer. I have tried lot of idfferent meds, but currently am not taking anything, though I think I need to get back on something. The hardest part of this for me is being a single mom, and although I have a caring extended family and friends, they really cant understand. They think I can just snap out of it, or since I spend so much time worrying, that I need to just relax and enjoy. I wold love to, but its not that easy. I wonder if any one else feels this way?

RedHeadedLizzy
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Laura. Indeed.  We'll all get through this together.

hugs

Quoting jurnee14:

HI, Im laura, Im 43 yrs old,and have 4 kids ages 27,25,19 and 10. I have suffered from depression and anxiety as long as I can remmbeer. I have tried lot of idfferent meds, but currently am not taking anything, though I think I need to get back on something. The hardest part of this for me is being a single mom, and although I have a caring extended family and friends, they really cant understand. They think I can just snap out of it, or since I spend so much time worrying, that I need to just relax and enjoy. I wold love to, but its not that easy. I wonder if any one else feels this way?

~ Lisa: aka Lizbeth. Homeschooler mom, trucker wife, nearly 50 with Parkinson's, insatiable cook, author, workout freak, inundated with hobbies, addicted to coffee, big time Dr Who fan. Blogs: http://www.grillintheroad.com & http://www.thistlerosestudio.com 

air forcedrinkingdumbbell

Christmaslver68
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Hello all

first off thank you for allowing me into this group.  I am currently a stay at home mom of 2 boys a 10 year old and a 5 year old both boys.  I enjoy horseback riding, swimming, fishing, nature walks, gardenining, reading to and with my boys, reading my Bible, playing games, meeting new people, making new frineds, and cross-stitching.  My favorite color is yellow.  My favorite seasons are Fall and Spring.  My favorite holidays are Christmas, Easter, July 4th, Halloween, Valentines Day Memorial Day and Labor Day. I love to cook and bake but am far from a gourmat cook.

If there is anything else you'd like to know about me feel free to ask.

LilJenn82
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Hi, My name is Jenn... I'm 30 from Maryland... Married for 6 years and mother of 2 girls and 2 boys... Alexis (11), Erik (10), Destini (5), and William "Joey" (2)... I have been dealing with Depression almost my whole life :-( When I was 13 I was diagnosed with ADHD, Bipolar, and borderline personality disorder... When I was 18 I went for another phsyc eval and that Doctor said I was mis-diagnosed of having Bipolar and instead I have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and Anxiety along with having PTSS... I believe I do have SAD cuz the winter months are my depressing times :-( right now I'm on no meds cuz since I'm not uselly depressed in the summer... The meds I should be on is Topamax, Wellbutin XL, Adderall XR, Xanex .5 (but I feel like its not helping my anxiety anymore) and Ambien 10 mg :-( when I saw this group I figure I'll join this group to meet other moms like me... I do love meeting new people and making new friends... Especially since the winter months are approaching and I may need someone to talk to :-( I am here for anyone who needs someone to talk to :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilJenn82
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM
I'm new here also... Nice to meet u :-) My favorite Seasons are Fall and Spring also (when its not too hot and not too cold... Lol) Where r u from?? Maryland here

Quoting Christmaslver68:

Hello all

first
off thank you for allowing me into this group.  I am currently a stay
at home mom of 2 boys a 10 year old and a 5 year old both boys.  I enjoy
horseback riding, swimming, fishing, nature walks, gardenining, reading
to and with my boys, reading my Bible, playing games, meeting new
people, making new frineds, and cross-stitching.  My favorite color is
yellow.  My favorite seasons are Fall and Spring.  My favorite holidays
are Christmas, Easter, July 4th, Halloween, Valentines Day Memorial Day
and Labor Day. I love to cook and bake but am far from a gourmat cook.

If there is anything else you'd like to know about me feel free to ask.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hillbillymama1
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Hello i am brenda in bullhead city, az its nice to find a support group but i cant understand how this works TEARS....
Tina51097
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Hi, my name is Tina, 40 years old, and have suffered with depression, and Adult ADHD for years. I'm currently in the process of switching pys. My medical doctor is worried I'm being over medicated. So the new one is a women, and I have'nt been with women yet. Maybe that's what I need. I have a very streeful life. I have a 15 year old son Trevor who has Autism, and who I home school. My husband is in the military, and gone for months at a time sometimes. I have been on some sort of medication for 20 years. Nothing seems to work. I have insomia, I take Wellbrutin, Zoloff, Adderall, Clazapane, Ambien. The Ambien isn't working anymore. I wake up so many times during the night. I have anxiety attacks when I go to Wal-Mart, or anyplace where there's alot of people. I just so tired fo feeling this way. Maybe this new doctor will be able to help. Looking forward to getting know you all.

spidersbite999
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Hi, my name is Wanda B. and I have suffered depression in milder form since childhood. I was sexually abused by my brother-in-law, (who was an alcoholic, dead beat) at the age of 12 which made me hate my body since it was changing and becoming more noticeable to boys/men.  After two other adult onset molestations, I am now a full fledged manic depressant.

When I tried to talk to my mother about it all she did was go to my sister and talk to her. My sister of course wasn't close to me because she was 15 years older than I was and always seemed to have an, "I don't give a crap" attitude and just passed it off as that her husband was. "just wrestling" with me. He tore my favorite dress, touched me in places I had never been touched by a man or boy, I had bruises and scratches. My mother had the gall to just brush it off.

I was probably one of the few 'latch key kids' back then. I would arrive home at 3pm and be alone until 4:30pm every day even when in the first grade. So it wasn't hard for him to just come by and come on in. He would even pick our locks. I was too ashamed to tell my father because we just never talked about sex openly in our house. If you said or asked anything about sex to my mother she would start assuming we were sexually active and by the time she got through questioning us, I felt just as dirty as when my brother-in-law molested me.

I was exposed to that freak and my mother was more concerned I wouldn't get the house cleaned up nor start some of the meal preparations (yes she even had me baking cornbread and biscuits at an early age to save her time on the final meal prep). So I talked to my grandmother and cried for hours with shame as if I were the perpetrator and not the victim. My grandmother finally convinced my mother that I would be staying at her house till mother came home from work, then I would do my chores.

It stopped him from coming around since I wasn't alone anymore. My mother seems to believe anyone and everyone but me. So I have remained depressed and felt I have to always prove myself to everyone. My sisters and mother always used me as a babysitter even at the young age of 5. My sisters were married and having babies by that time, and since mother never allowed me to play with anyone I was trapped in our home, living like a 50 year old at the age of 5.

Mother never allowed me to have parties, sleepovers, nor to attend parties or sleep overs and her excuse always was my sisters always had too many parties and too many outside activites. I couldn't have piano lessons because my sisters did and they wouldn't practice. Couldn't join any clubs at school because mother was too busy to take me to the after school meetings. So I feel I haven't had any childhood. I am a retired elementary school teacher...loved my career! Miss the children. They sort of became my fountain of youth. LOL! To teach them, watch them learn, and make them laugh and enjoy learning was such a reward. My depression came and went still, but the children seemed to help chase it away. They were so full of life. LOL!

I also used to train Rottweilers. They were just as open minded as the children and just as loving and caring, But my health started failing me, suffered from several angina attacks, had to have a hysterectomy at the age of 20, diagnosed with cancer two years ago, now a survivor, was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, suffered two nervous breakdowns (2001 and 2007) so health problems continuously plague me. 

My mother now lives with us and she is more worried that I will die before she does and she is afraid my two older sisters and my second husband will have her cremated instead of placing her in a casket and burying her beside my dad.

If I have a bad day health wise she tries to have my same symptoms, feet swelling, back ache, kidney problems, inability to walk some days, etc. But when she is taken to the doctor, her tests come out fine. LOL! When I had an angina attack, she was having chest pains also. Took her back to the doctor, he did an EKG, and when he announced her heart was as good as a twenty year olds, she became furious. Maybe it is a good thing I have had a hysterectomy...cause I am afraid if I became pregnant she would also. I don't want her pity or show sympathy for my condition, just understand there are some days I can be more mobile than others, and that some days my phobias and nerves are too bad to even have visitors or to go out into the public and for her not to make me feel even more bad or guilty for not being able to do so.

I really hate waking each morning because I first off feel like crap, hurt everywhere, skin burns with the flare-ups, then here she comes......bitching about anything and everything I do. I have been in counseling now for 10 years, medicated to the hilt (which also adds to the problem)....yet without the meds. I would probably kill my mom and my husband. 

I would just love to get up, enjoy the sunshine, and start off with a positive note instead of one of being defeated already before I can even get my feet on the floor. 

So I am basically looking for people like me, so that maybe we can help each other. I just get so disgusted at Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist. They just sit there, listen, and medicate. 

Just need someone who understands where I am coming from and can maybe share some thoughts on what might help!

Sorry for the book.......can't sleep....as usual...even with the meds...and I am afraid I am as loquacious in writing as I am in speech.

So here I am.

Blessed Be,
Wanda B.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN