Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Depression Support Center! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Depression Support Center!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Depression Support Center Group Signatures!

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In  

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (181-190):
spidersbite999
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Quoting jurnee14:

HI, Im laura, Im 43 yrs old,and have 4 kids ages 27,25,19 and 10. I have suffered from depression and anxiety as long as I can remmbeer. I have tried lot of idfferent meds, but currently am not taking anything, though I think I need to get back on something. The hardest part of this for me is being a single mom, and although I have a caring extended family and friends, they really cant understand. They think I can just snap out of it, or since I spend so much time worrying, that I need to just relax and enjoy. I wold love to, but its not that easy. I wonder if any one else feels this way?

OMG! Sweetie you are not alone. I understand where you are coming from. My oldest sisters favorite quote to me when I am depressed is, "Oh, just let it roll off your back like water on a ducks back!"

God forbid, I would love to take her to a lake, dunk her under, and see how the heck the water rolls off her back while she drowns. Because that is what I feel like I am doing.....drowning and so do most depressed people.

You probably used to be able to handle things normally at one point, but like most of us, depression isn't something you can shrug off. It jumps on our backs and rides for days, months, and even years.

I too went off my meds for a while, can't seem to tell too much difference of being on or off. Maybe the thoughts of suicide aren't as strong on medication, but they are still there!

jurnee14
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Quoting spidersbite999:

Quoting jurnee14:

HI, Im laura, Im 43 yrs old,and have 4 kids ages 27,25,19 and 10. I have suffered from depression and anxiety as long as I can remmbeer. I have tried lot of idfferent meds, but currently am not taking anything, though I think I need to get back on something. The hardest part of this for me is being a single mom, and although I have a caring extended family and friends, they really cant understand. They think I can just snap out of it, or since I spend so much time worrying, that I need to just relax and enjoy. I wold love to, but its not that easy. I wonder if any one else feels this way?

OMG! Sweetie you are not alone. I understand where you are coming from. My oldest sisters favorite quote to me when I am depressed is, "Oh, just let it roll off your back like water on a ducks back!"

God forbid, I would love to take her to a lake, dunk her under, and see how the heck the water rolls off her back while she drowns. Because that is what I feel like I am doing.....drowning and so do most depressed people.

You probably used to be able to handle things normally at one point, but like most of us, depression isn't something you can shrug off. It jumps on our backs and rides for days, months, and even years.

I too went off my meds for a while, can't seem to tell too much difference of being on or off. Maybe the thoughts of suicide aren't as strong on medication, but they are still there!

haha, you made me laugh, wanting to take your sister to a lake,lol. Yeah depression or whatever this is comes and goes with me, and sometimes Im not sure if the meds help or not either.  

grandmomaj
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Hello my name is Adrienne...and I am mom to 3 and grandmom to 3 also..i recently turned 45 a few days ago yet im not happy ..its just my honey and I in the house and I dont have a job..i feel as if I have to much time on my hands..while I do volunteer for things I really need a job and looking for one is making me depressed..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sept-babies2
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Hello my name is Ashley and im new to this group im 22 and have 2 kids and im from NH 

britskit5
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 12:22 AM

hi there!  my name is brittany.  i am a single mother of three.  i have had depression pretty much all of my life and recently found i also have pmdd.  i have had some major changes in my life recently.  i moved to a town with no friends or family, started a new job, ended a relationship, and have full custody of my children.  the town we moved to is much smaller than the city i was in before and i feel very alone.  my depression has gotten worse since i've been here and since my insurance hasn't kicked in yet for my new job, i haven't been able to get help.  i'm not really that great at making new friends, so i hope to meet some good people on here.  :D  trying my best to stay positive and move forward. 

CrazyLaceyLou
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Hello to you all. My name is Lacey, I'm 28, married to the most wonderful man for two years now, and we have one child, our 15 month old son. I've had issues with depression, specifically stemming from self worth for many years now. Shortly before meeting my husband, about 2.5 years ago, I 'recovered' from a 4 year battle with anorexia, a side effect if you will from the depression. Over the last year I've struggles with the baby weight, and my mind keeps pushing me back to those thoughts that were all too present during my sickness. Along with that I've just fell into this ho-hum type funk that I just can't seem to get out of. So here I am, falling, but trying hard not to, and looking for some understanding along the way.

MamaDee2Bee
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I havent been online in this site for a long time. So idk if I need to reintroduce myself.

My name is Dee, i'm 27yrs old I'm a single mother of 2kids. Savaneh is 3 1/2 and Isaiah is 1 1/2. I've been through alot in the past year alone.

Last yr on sept.16th I was in a pretty bad car accident. I was t-boned and I was in the hospital with a broken left hip, lacerations to my spleen and kidneys. I was there for 4days. Eventually my hip healed on its own after getting physical therapy.

Alot has changed since that night, my parents were separated at the time not leagally but my mom decided to move back to PA(where we are origionally from)get her own apartment and had a boyfriend.

Meanwhile I was in VA dealing with an alcoholic boyfriend who's the father of my son. I tryed really hard to keep our relationship going and was alone for most of my pregnancy while he was at various rehabs and in a halfway house and at one point homeless. Anyway after our son was born he got a job offer in a town a/b an hour away and I told him to go b/c I knew that in order for us to be together as a family him having a job was the only way. So I would borrow my dads car and drive up there on the weekends to get him and he'd stay at my dads with my kids and I. Everytime he was there he'd walk over to his "sisters" and come back DRUNK!! Finally I had ENOUGH! He was NEVER physically abusive but verbally and sexually. I decided to just go up and see my mom in Pa for what was supposed to be a two week vacation and ended up moving in with her. She was in a 1bdrm apartment on the 3rd floor of an old house. So after my car accident it was a challenge to walk up and down those stairs everday!! I couldnt even carry my son or pick him up when he was in the playpen crying for me. I practically lived on my moms couch for a month and a half only b/c her bed was too low to the ground for me to get up and down. 

So Ive been thru alot and on Feb14th I was homeless with two kids and no where to go! The town I lived in had no space in shelters and I was asked if I could find a place for my kids to go and I could sleep in a shelter for a NIGHT b/c the shelter was really only for adults and college students. 

Thankfully the next night I was able to get a ride to a town nearby and stay in the shelter there. It was really depressing....the kids would cry all night and I couldnt sleep b/c I was crying and worrying all the time. The staff at the shelter saw that I was motivated to get a job and start over and decided to move me to their "independant living" apartments a few blocks away. 

It was my first time living alone in an apartment it was scary and exciting all at the same time. So i've been at this place for 7mos now and the director is getting ansy a/b me being here for so long without a job. I've been trying to find a job and now I'm enrolled in a job search program 20hrs a week but I still have yet to find a job!! The good news is the kids are in a daycare FINALLY and seem to be adjusting....i've also decided to finally cut off all ties from my son's father! That meant I had to change my cell phone number and block him thru fb and email!! I havent recieved childsupport from him since July....and for my daugther none since MAY!!

I'm sorry this is so long! Its been a hard road and I could write more and more for days!!  

james8mar
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Name is marie. have lived all over the states and grew up in Canada. Have been married for 10 years, a long hard 10 years but hoping and wishing for it to get better. I have delt with depression on and off but fall hits and i feel it hil all over again. I thinik it has something to do with the sun? D vitamins. Not sure. I have kids, one who just got diagnosed with Autism this last year. I knew something was wrong the minute he was born or before then. I since then, can't get my life back together, and am looking for a friend someone to understand what i am going through:(

TBAckerman
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I am 35, I have been depressed my whole life or at least as long as I can remember. Straw that broke the camels back was losing a very close member of my family almost 2 years ago. I am really struggling right now, really struggling.

Lilacity
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Hi all. My name is Neicy. I have been diagnosed with first bipolar, second schizoaffective, and now schizophrenia. Many weeks I just want to end it all but for the sake of my lil girl I can't and won't. My life has been turned all the way upside down and I am in such a dark place I just don't know how or where to start to get out of it. I'm happy to be a part of this group.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)