Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Welcome to Depression Support Center! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Depression Support Center!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Depression Support Center Group Signatures!

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In  

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (201-210):
SMadawna
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Hello everyone. I decided to join this group because I really don't have anyone to talk to about some stuff I am dealing with. I was seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist (actually a nurse, assisting the psych). I just kind of got fed up with it all. I have dealt with depression in one form or another since I was a teenager. I would cut myself, take pills, hit my head on things. Since I have grown up and have children it is much less intense. I don't think of suicide anymore. But, I still feel lost and confused. My husband doesn't understand it all. 

deamonlove1214
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Hello ladies

My name is erica and im a proud mommy of a 6mnth old little girl. Im suffering from MDD and at times its all i can do to get out of bed just to take care of her. Im soon to be married to my wonderful best friend and fiance of almost two years(known each other sence we were kids). I hope you all can help me as much i can help you. Thanks for reading and each of you keep your heads held high.

Thanksgroup hug

BetsyBurr
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Betsy. I'm 16 years of age. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor when I was 7. Later on I started self harm and found out I was MDD. They almost diagnosed me with bipolar in the mental hospital because I would often think of homicide but for some reason they changed their minds. When I was 15 I was molested by my brothers friend making things worse. I've finally found a reason to live my wonderful fiancee and our baby on the way. Although I do still want to hurt my self sometimes. That's why I'm here for support and to be supportive. I hope to meet some of you!

JTMOM422
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Hi my name is Brenda. I have been suffering depression and anxiety for a little over 2 years now. I was hospitalized for suicidal thoughts back in 2010. I had a baby 6 months before being hospitalized but no one ever confirmed if it was PPD or not. They just called it manic depression. I now suffer anxiety whenever I am in a crowd. I have a feeling people are watching me or that they think I am watching them. Just when I thought things were starting to get better my son was diagnosed with PDD-NOS (Autism) and the stress from all this has brought it all back up. To make matters worse I now have a woman come to my house 10 hours a week and another for an hour. Then 2 days a week I take my son to speech and occupational therapy. So I am forced to be around people. It bothers me cause I don't even have my home to run to anymore cause he does therapy there 5 days a week. There is more I want to talk about but will send it in another post

chellebelle85
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Hi all. My name is Chelle, I'm 27, and have been depressed for a little over 6 years now. I know why I've been depressed and it's a long story, it started when my dd started staying with her dad's parents about 4 months after my first ds was born, and then all this other stuff has happened and just added on to it. Issues with bf, who I've been with for 7 1/2 years, along with the loss of dd's dad, who was my first TRUE love, a couple years ago and dd's grandparents adopting her earlier this year. I'll probably start a post eventually telling my story, it's too much to post here. I haven't been to the doctor because I don't have insurance and I don't want to be put on pills anyway, I watched my sm get hooked on so many depression and anti anxiety meds that my dad had to lock them up. I deal with it in my own way, and as long as I keep my mind off all the problems I'm fine. I've gotten better the last couple years, but there's just some days I can't shake it. I need friends and someone to vent to and that's why I'm here on cm and in this group. Thanks for reading and sorry it's so long...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heavensdaughter
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Hey, I'm Anne. Married to my husband Travis for 6.5 years, mother to a yours mine and ours collection of beautiful girls including 2 15 year olds, then 13, 11, 3, and 2. They are the light of my life. I'm the wahm behind Linah Sora cloth diapers, admin in the group Cuties with Cloth Booties, and new owner of the group Make Life Beautiful.

4TheChildren62
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I thought I'd stop by and say hello.  I'm new to CafeMom and I'm always looking to inspire and motivate.  As one who has traveled through and out of the dark abyss of depression.  My purpose now is to help others break free so they can live, laugh and dance.  

Have an awesome weekend.

ever_grey
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

In the endeavor of turning over a new leaf in my life, I also decided I needed to start out new here, too.

I was .Untamed., who joined several months back.

shesliketx
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:49 PM

My name is Ashlie. I am 23 years old and I am from Fort Worth, TX. I am a military spouse and I have been married 4 years. We have 2 boys: Wyatt age 3 and Jackson age 17 months. I had PPD after my oldest was born and was on zoloft but it didnt help. Recently I was tested by mental health at a department near me specifically for ADHD but they also did a general test to rule out other disorders. I came away diagnosed with: ADHD, Adjustment Disorder, PTSD, mild to moderate anxiety and depression. I am currently on Concerta for my ADHD but due to being in therapy and dealing with things from my child hood I feel like my depression has creeped back in. I'm hoping to get some support, I feel like I cant talk to my family about anything and I only see my therapist every 2 weeks. My husband doesnt understand psychological/mental health hardly, though he does try.

mamadee1971
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:04 PM

My name is Dionne.  I am 41 and have a beautiful 5 year old daughter and a handsome 4 year old son.  My kid's father and I are no longer together, although we still talk.  I'd like to communicate with other folks who knows how it feels to have the "blues" and not being "preached" at. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)