Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Welcome to Depression Support Center! Please introduce yourself.....

Posted by   + Show Post

welcomeWelcome to Depression Support Center!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Depression Support Center Group Signatures!

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In  

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (211-220):
Nena70
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Im Nena, divorced x 10yrs with 2 teens. Just realized Im codependent ,after having depression for many years. realizing this is a painful way to begin my recovery to love myself. It very difficult. I do have support and meetings.  I m glad that I will be able to put myself first now.

Melissa_anne
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Hey I am melissa, i am 30 and from Iowa.  I have 1 dd who is 7 and a SS who is 11.  DH and I have been married for 8 years and together almost 10.  I suffer from anxiety and depression.  The depression seems to come and go, I haven't felt this down in a couple years.   Just wanted to talk to women who are going through the same feelings as me and can relate

rune777
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

hello my name is aubrey i have ptsd and depretion i also have lirnig disiblitys im just loking for friends to talk to...i get lonly alot...

lissame007
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:24 AM

My name is Melissa, i'm 41 with 3 children Cody 22, Keirstan 16, and Samantha 15. This is somewhat hard for me because i don't share my personal life with anyone which would probley explain why i'm depressed. Me and my ex husband got back together a couple years ago after going thru a hobbile divorce about 10 yrs ago, i can't believe i ever got back with him. My main reason for getting back him was for my chidren, he got custody of our kids in the divorce mainly because he made more money, the house and everything was in his name, it helped that he could afford a good attorney. The judge did not want to hear that he was an emotionally abusive acoholic. We got back together because he had showed signs of change... after about 6months of me being back it started all over again and the only reason i stay is because the kids beg me not to leave because when i'm not there to take the verbal abuse they are. I don't have any friends, I joke and talk with people at work but don't seem to find a connection with people, I feel so awful about myself i can't imagine anyone liking me let alone be my friend. I cry daily, I just want to know what it's like to be happy. Can anyone help me?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

hello my name kinky kate i feel so fed up i duno weath im comeing or going all i wanna do is cut my self sorry but it true i live in london and my family died in 9/11

kinkykatie
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Bless you baby girl are dieing?

kinkykatie
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM

am a spaker too can we be friends?

snevett
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:39 PM

My name is Samantha. I'm 25 years old. Proud mommy of two beautiful girls.
I've been battling mental/emotional issues ever since finally breaking free of a three year long mentally abusive relationship with my oldest daughter's bio father.
My fiance and I have been together for 2 1/2 years now and he's helped me as much as he can, but sometimes, it's just not enough.
I've never been professionally diagnosed (the ONE thing my fiance asks is that I not subject myself to "medication"). But with what I've been thru and how I feel (and what research I've done) I feel that I suffer from anxiety, depression and Borderline with a hint of Schitzophrenia.
For anyone that's lived and overcome these disorders and is open to discussing how you did so with me, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I would love to hear your story.
In addition to everything, I suffer from the occasional night terror. I've searched cafemom for a "sleeping disorder" or "night terror" support group and haven't been able to find ANY.
Perhaps there is someone here that could relate?

Nena70
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM

HI Melissa ,

I do understand how  you feel . I have been there too. You are not alone. I would never want anyone to experience this. Please reach out  and  get support. alanon is a support group program for family of alcoholics and  counseling can help. I do that too. Please do something for yourself today and everyday. 

AnayaFatima
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Hi. I'm Huma. I live in Pakistan. I'm married and have a 5 months old son. I used to live in the states few years back. I have depression and anxiety which have taken a toll on my life. I can't concentrate on anything and have persistent mood swings. Anyone have any good advice for me that can help with my depression and anxiety?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)