Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I can't take it anymore, I finally called.

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

Since my son was two weeks old I have been suffering from an overwhelming fear of severe medical conditions and death. It wasn't so bad at first, but around Christmas my anxiety has gotten so bad that I literally have developed TMJ from the tension in my shoulders and neck and Gerd from my severe lack a diet. I went to the emergency room in January, because I swore I was having a heart attack. It ended up being acid reflux (Gerd) and a panic attack. Every day of my life I deal with negative, sometimes awful thoughts and have all of the physical anxiety symptoms to add on to them. It's a vicious cycle. I'm so tired of feeling like this. I don't know what good it's going to do, but I called and left a message for my midwife to see if she could prescribe me something. Fingers crossed that she will over the phone, I have heard of it happening for other ladies, because I have no insurance and the prescription cost alone is probably going to cause me even more anxiety, lol. I can't do it anymore though, I really cannot go another day feeling like this. So fingers crossed that she will prescribe me something and that it will work. Thanks for letting me vent.

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wolfluvinmomof3
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Good luck hun I hope she gets back with you soon.  How old is your son now?

Dragonmamas
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM
He'll be seven months on Sunday.

She called back. She won't perscribe me anything, but gave me the number to a free clinic who will. So as soon as I get a more reliable car I'll get an appointment there. I feel better that I'm that much closer to feeling like a human being again :)

Quoting wolfluvinmomof3:

Good luck hun I hope she gets back with you soon.  How old is your son now?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolfluvinmomof3
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM

this group is very supportive and someone is always around to be a shoulder to cry on or an ear to scream in. Feel free to p me whenever you need to talk hun. happy 7 month birthday little man.

Dragonmamas
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Thank you :)

Quoting wolfluvinmomof3:

this group is very supportive and someone is always around to be a shoulder to cry on or an ear to scream in. Feel free to p me whenever you need to talk hun. happy 7 month birthday little man.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 5:17 PM
I hope you starting feeling better! Take it one day at a time! Enjoy that baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeanetts
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I am sorry you are going through this. I hope you can get to the clinic soon. Until then vent away. I know that horrible feeling of acid refluc, like you're having a heart attack. I take Nexium now, but I used to wake up during the night feeling like that a lot. It was so horrible. Are you taking something now? There are several over the counter meds for it. I can't really help with the anxiety or panic attacks although I wish I could. I have had those in the past, not as bad as yours, and they suck. Meds will help and so will therapy if you can get some. I wish you all the best. This is a great group for support. I will help you as I can.
annaica
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Hi :)
I would look into.attending a local NAMI meeting to.see if they have suggestions also.
I do know that many prescriptions are $4 thru several main chain pharmacies. And you may be able to find free or low cost mental care. I would try to get in with someone who works with mental illness, not a Gen practictioner. Sometimes they will refer you to a psychiatrist anyways so it will be such a waste of time and effort. You can fund your local NAMI info here:
http://www.nami.org/template.cfm?section=your_local_nami
Good luck, keep us updated! Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JansRainbow
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Sorry for what you are going through.I agree with the above post. There are all kinds of meds. for your acid reflux. Over the counter and prescription. Many that  cost only $4.00. I take two meds for my stomach problems. Know that pain you get. Also get panic and anxiety. Glad you got referred to the clinic.They will be able to help you. This group is great and here for you. Hope you feel better. Take care. Sending hugs.

saeshine
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Yes sorry what you are going through.  Ican honestly say, that after I had my daughter my brain like, went over this line. It was like anxiety, depression all these crazy emotions and thoughts (of dying) it really scared the crap out of me.  I went and basically diagnosed myself. Thought  I was bi-polar because her dad told me I was, it took a while to really grasp what was going on.

It is trial and error with meds, but like the above post says, there are a lot of meds (anxiety, SSRI) that are fairly inexpensive to treat depression and anxiety so don't get discouraged. I currently take prozac and I do nothave ins and I think I only pay $4.... Good luck to you, you are not crazy and you will get through this! MAke sure you talk to your midwife soon!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Our local WIC office has free post partum support groups led by a local mental health clinic, maybe you could call your local wic office and ask, you don't have to be recieving benefits from them.  Also call you local mental health clinic to see if they have sliding scale help or free support groups.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)