Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Starting over and a bit depressed.

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

I filed for divorce last month, something that I knew was coming for a few years, but I never expected to get depressed about not having someone physically there to talk to. I don't miss my ex, but I do miss the feeling of having someone there to talk to when I needed them. I've been staying with my parents for a few weeks until I get back on my feet, but that in itself is depressing after living on my own. The more time I spend here the worse the depression gets, not only because I'm back at my parents house, but also because the friends I used to be able to count on aren't there for me anymore so essentially I feel really alone.

It's hard to get back out there and make a new life when all I've known for the last 5 years is my ex and my son. So starting over and trying to find a new job is pretty stressful, especially when I don't have anyone to talk to and vent to when I need to.

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 1, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs! I've been there, too. it's hard feeling lonely, but at the same time just remind yourself that it's better to be on your own, than with someone who makes you feel like crap.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

you can vent to us anytime and hopefully you can make some friends on here that will also make you feel better. there are alot of people in your shoes who would love to talk to you im sure! message me anytime! try going out too and making some friends. or take your lo to play groups and try to meet other moms. go to a support group or something. i know sometimes thats easier said than done. best of luck to you.

zboys
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope things start to look up soon.  HUGS

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Welcome to the group. You can talk to us here anytime you want.  It takes time to grieve a relationship breaking up.

Starting over is very hard, but its also very rewarding, maybe try to write a list of goals you want to see short term and long term, as well as some fun stuff you always wanted to try, and see if you can make a plan to move forward.

StormWarrior666
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM

im here if you want to talk, im going througha divorce, i havent been depressed about any of the stuff that is going on, well not til today but i know whta you mean about not having any one to talk to on a daily basis.. i do have my dad on the phone most of the time to talk but its not the same

danii09
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Thanks everyone =] trying to stay positive

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN