• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling Depressed, Anxious, And Angry...(Long)

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have had postpartum depression for 4 1/2 months. I am so sick of all of these medications. I had a med added about a month ago. About 2 to 3 weeks into starting this med I started to have suicidal and homicidal thoughts. I made an extremely difficult decision. I called and asked for help. I wanted my children to be safe. They were placed in foster care. They have been gone for 11 days. I'm depressed because I miss them so much. I receive supervised visits with them 2 times a week for 3 hours each day. However I do call them everyday..sometimes twice a day. I'm anxious because someone else is taking care of my children. And because I do not know how long this process will be. And, finally, I'm angry at myself. I'm angry about all the times they irritated me. I'm angry about yelling and saying hurtful things to my older son. I'm angry about the times I was impatient with them. And I'm angry that I have depression anxiety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:43 PM

hugs! you did the right thing, even though I know how much it hurts you, hopefully it will give you the push to continue to get the help that you need so that you can get them back soon.

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Thank you. I really needed to hear that (read that). (((HUGS TO YOU))) I have little family support
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:20 PM

hugs

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Thank you. (((HUGS)))

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)