Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to take the pain from my daughter.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM
  • 24 Replies

She's only six, but she's been through so much in her life already and I feel like some of it is my fault. I'm trying to fix what had happend, but I dont really know what to do. She had been molested by my sons father for what I know the past two years of our relationship. Here recently, she had to go to court but they had to cancel it in the middle of everything. She's been acting out since, and last monday, she confessed that her father had done something to her once too. Now SRS has told me not to let her go with her father or have any contact with the two. So I have to keep making excuses for her father on why he's not around, and she's been emotional, yelling at the other kids, crying easily, trying to be extra cuddly, etc... Everytime she does something mean to another kids, she said its because she keeps thinking about what had happend to her. Like its the perpetrators fault shes acting that way, and it breaks my heart. Today she cried and told me she wants to see her daddy. I feel so lost.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serenitymom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM

And I should add that she is in therapy, but her therapist is going on maturnity leave here soon. She'll be getting a replacement therapist, but her therapist told the replacement therapist not to devulge in what happend because theres to much to talk about.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM

i feel so bad for her. thats an awful lot for a girl her age to have to go through. i hope she can get through this. i will remember her in my prayers.

mommy2b39465
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

well that's stupid. The replacement therapist, if they are taking over the same case, should (only with your consent, of course), should read her entire file, any notes, and be completely up to date with the situation so that she can actually do the job she came to do.

Quoting Serenitymom:

And I should add that she is in therapy, but her therapist is going on maturnity leave here soon. She'll be getting a replacement therapist, but her therapist told the replacement therapist not to devulge in what happend because theres to much to talk about.

matreshka
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM

How long is the maternity leave? maybe she should get a new therapist all together so she can keep working on her issues.  I was sexually abused at 12 and would act out because I would get thoughts of what happened.  I still do sometimes as well now that I'm 33.  I have a lot of anger toward men.

rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM

You and her should see a councler about this. They have councler that only deal with children that has been molested.  Were they can help you and her how to work through this together. They can also tell you how to deal with her emotional state.  I will do some research and see if there is anything I can find to help you out for now.

hugs rho

Serenitymom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM

The replacement therapist is only going to be around for one session while the actual therapist is on maternity leave. Her actual therapist will come back, I think thats why she did that.

Quoting mommy2b39465:

well that's stupid. The replacement therapist, if they are taking over the same case, should (only with your consent, of course), should read her entire file, any notes, and be completely up to date with the situation so that she can actually do the job she came to do.

Quoting Serenitymom:

Serenitymom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I think its only going to be for one month. She explained that the replacement therapist was only going to sit with DD for one session. I really like this therapist, she's been working with DD for about four months now and has been doing really well at first, but with her maternity leave, she cant work with her very well. DD was doing so good in therapy, she was actually considering relieving her until the court date and the admittance of what her father did.

Quoting matreshka:

How long is the maternity leave? maybe she should get a new therapist all together so she can keep working on her issues.  I was sexually abused at 12 and would act out because I would get thoughts of what happened.  I still do sometimes as well now that I'm 33.  I have a lot of anger toward men.

Serenitymom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM

They dont have much options for counclers here in this small town, I was fortunate that I found the one she sees. Her therapist kinda helps me to a degree about how I should deal with her, but she's not avaiable at any time. I will probably call her, and hope to hear from my therapist.

Quoting rhodaj:

You and her should see a councler about this. They have councler that only deal with children that has been molested.  Were they can help you and her how to work through this together. They can also tell you how to deal with her emotional state.  I will do some research and see if there is anything I can find to help you out for now.

hugs rho

rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I get a bunch of different mags that discuss situations like yours. If I see anything that may help I will copy it article and send it to you. We haven't chatted for so long and it seems like just yesterday we chated about this issue when we was in chat by ourselves. 

Luv you and I am here for you anythime you need me. I will pm you my number just so if you need some one to vent or just a shoulder to cry on you have me

Quoting Serenitymom:

They dont have much options for counclers here in this small town, I was fortunate that I found the one she sees. Her therapist kinda helps me to a degree about how I should deal with her, but she's not avaiable at any time. I will probably call her, and hope to hear from my therapist.

Quoting rhodaj:

hugs rho

Tavi916
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

im sorrySo sorry your little girl had to go throught that. I've been a victim of molestion, but never seeked help for it. And I am still suffering. I really hope you and your daughter find some peace soon. Because this is too much for a child to go through. Find a new doctor if possible! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)