Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im fairly sure

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM
  • 17 Replies
My ex is completely toxic to me. seriously. The more im around him the more upset im getting. Ive been suicidal off and on since his gf left and weve been around each other more. I stayed there last night because of his night with the kids. I had some thoughts and was so angry toward him i actually got scared id do something. But i fought it. Im trying to keep it together but i cant take much more of it. He swears constantly around the kids gets me to do stuff i dont want to do he doesnt listen ugh im getting scared of my feelings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

if he is toxic to you then try to stay away from him. if you have to keep the kids from him till he learns how to act. its not good that he has that kind of an influence over you. just stay away.

matreshka
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM

My ex is toxic to me to and the sad thing is Ive known him since I was 14. I get along with his finacee so I deal with my son through her.  I know that sooner or later I have to go to court to get everything sorted out.  He is hesitating because here the person who initiates proceedings pays out of pocket and the other can get free legal representation.

Jamaz46
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I wish it were so easy i try to avoid him when possible

Quoting lyrick24:

if he is toxic to you then try to stay away from him. if you have to keep the kids from him till he learns how to act. its not good that he has that kind of an influence over you. just stay away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamaz46
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM
I hope it gets worked out for you

Quoting matreshka:

My ex is toxic to me to and the sad thing is Ive known him since I was 14. I get along with his finacee so I deal with my son through her.  I know that sooner or later I have to go to court to get everything sorted out.  He is hesitating because here the person who initiates proceedings pays out of pocket and the other can get free legal representation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Hun it sounds like you need to get into see a dr as asap.  You should maybe stay with a friend until you can get into one so you have someone to talk to for now.  Just try to remember this when you are around him. I can't hurt myself because all they will have left is him and also try writing what is the pros and cons of living. One side of the paper you right all the pros and on the half you right all the cons and you will see that your pros for living will always beat out the cons

hugs rho

tammy968
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

MY OPINION IS TO GET AWAY FROM HIM BEFORE YOU DO DO SOMETHING YOU'LL REGRET. YOU MAY MAKE BETTER FRIENDS THAN LOVERS SO I'D JUST BE FRIENDS. 

mrsvixen
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Stay away from him then

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Jamaz46
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Thanks rho. Hes sure a hard ex to deal with. I do halfway ok if im only around him a little at a time and not that often but now his gf being gone its almost a constant thing. Hes just absolutely a mess

Quoting rhodaj:

Hun it sounds like you need to get into see a dr as asap.  You should maybe stay with a friend until you can get into one so you have someone to talk to for now.  Just try to remember this when you are around him. I can't hurt myself because all they will have left is him and also try writing what is the pros and cons of living. One side of the paper you right all the pros and on the half you right all the cons and you will see that your pros for living will always beat out the cons

hugs rho

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcribb16
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Hi there!  I'm so glad we are in another group together.  I haven't been in here for very long and am learning my way around.  I already know you are a wonderful mom to your kids, and are trying to keep civility between your ex and you in front of the kids.  I agree with many in here, the lesser the actual communications with him, the better for you emotionally.  Keep working hard like you are doing.  :)

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:22 AM

hugs! my ex was extremely toxic as well and I had to cut him out completely because he was the reason I started having panic attacks. I hope you can at least limit your interaction with him for your own well being.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)