Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

It's really not a good idea to open up and say how your really feeling

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
All it does is create more problems and makes things worse!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JSCC
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM

sometimes ....

I guess it depends on who you share with, what you share, and how you share it.

I went to a counselor and would share and then only feel worse, but now I have a new counselor and she is really helpful and I actually feel good after talking with her.  I've had the same thing when sharing with friends ... one person I'd share with and just end up feeling worse and then a different one was really good at helping me feel better.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes that happens.  I think that is what therapy is good for, if you have the right therapist.  You also have to trust them too.  With friends and family memebers I've learned what to say, when and how to minimize conflict.

FandJ513
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM
For me that could be true sometimes I suppose but, I usually always feel better when I get to say what im feeling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JansRainbow
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

It helps me to talk about what's going on. I learned to what to say and not to say to  certain people. When you have a therapist, it is important that you have trust.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Nope not for me. Every time I open my mouth I dig myself a deeper hole. Don't know if I can climb my way out this time, or even want to. I'm shutting down, going numb. This maybe the last straw, can't hold on any more
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM

it all depends on who youre talking to. if its a therapist then know they are trying to help you.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I guess it depends on who you share with, what you share, and how you share it.  sorry you had a bad experience.  You can always share here.  ~hugs.....

ms.sophsmom
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM
I suppose tht can be true. Try to find someone u cn trust who gives u positive feedback and the truth.

I feel much worse if I hold it in. But we are all different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM
It does me no good to talk to anyone. I can't tell my dh. I made the mistake of telling him how I hate being around people and talking to people. Now thing are REALLY bad between us. I cat tell him anything. I can't talk to any one!
lysealoo
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I usually feel worse after I open up too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)