Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Worried about Postpartum Depression.

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

This is going to sound weird, but bear with me.

So I just had a baby about 2 weeks ago.  I had a birth that didn't go as plan but, it was special to me atleast.  I was in labor for 16 hours (was induced due to high bp) and ended up having a C Section.  I was find with this because I thought that is what we would end up doing to begin with.  Baby was fine at birth, I got to see her, she hear my voice and stopped crying, I bonded with her, it was perfect.  However, as I was in recovery, she stopped breathing.  They got her back breathing, but, they sent her to an NICU to get everything checked.  Turned out to be nothing, she has come home, and is a perfectly healthy new born. 

Problem is I find myself thinking about what happened alot.  When I think about it, I get upset.  That and I am extremely uneasy about her being away from me.  I do understand kinda why I feel this way, however, I feel like I am blessed to have her, and I just don't understand why I cannot get over what happened.  I mean, everything I was told about having a baby was true, I love her with all my heart, and I would do anything for her.  I just don't know why I can't shake these feelings.  Sometimes I feel guilty that maybe I didn't eat right, or I should have done this or that better, then other times I just hate thinking about "What Ifs." 

Is this normal?

by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 5:59 AM
1 mom liked this

something like that is traumatizing and not easy to get over. you have every right to feel the way you do. i mean she stopped breathing and probably in the back of your mind you are still afraid. i would say if you cant seem to get over it you need to see a therapist. watch for other signs of ppd but just because you have the what ifs right now doesnt mean you and ppd especially with everything that went on. i wish you the best of luck.

Devotedmomof9
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand why you feel the way you do. By having her close you can keep an eye on her breathing. Just stay close to for now. If this problem continues than I would sugguest talking to someone. I have my own daughter with something similar that happened. It took me a couple of months before I felt safe enough to leave the room, it will just take time to get over. Good luck 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN