Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I'm on zoloft...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm on zoloft 50mg for about two weeks now..How long did it take you to start feeling it was working? I'm a mess..With anxiety, worry, fears and depression..My doctor told me if 50mg doesn't work she would up it to 100mg..What is a reasonable time to judge if it's working for me? I'm breastfeeding my 2 month old ds..This medication is safe and recommend while breastfeeding..So, changing medication may not be safe while breastfeeding

by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LovingmyLeah
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM

it takes 2-4 wks. it depends on your body.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I agree. some docs even say 6 weeks, but if your symptoms get worse, tell your doc asap.

Quoting LovingmyLeah:

it takes 2-4 wks. it depends on your body.

lucy164
by Peggy on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:15 AM

i had to wait 6 weeks before my cymbalta started to work.  hang in there.

saeshine
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM

hang in there. It does take some time. up to 6wks for some.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2012 at 2:49 AM
I am also on 50mg of Zoloft. Honestly I felt it work right away. My anxiety and feelings of loneliness went away. After about one week of taking it I felt much more relaxed and happier. I spoke to my doctor about going off of it already and he said if I felt ready that I could stop once I finished what I had. I havent taken a pill in 3-4 days! I feel great. Hang in there. It will start working and soon you'll feel like your self again. There is a light at the end if the tunnel :) hugs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)