Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

In Boston with no anxiety meds argh!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

I forgot my klonopin and we are in Boston on a family trip.  Wish me luck.  I've already had two anxiety attacks :(

But the Aquarium was fun and I got record I've been looking for for a while.  Trying to relax before eating now.

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
looneymom424
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Breathe I know I missed a dose yesterday and certainly knew it.  try relaxing music

Jennpuck
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Can you have your doctor call in an emergency perscription in to a local pharmacy there? I forgot my asthma inhaler on a trip once and my doctor was great about it. I just went online and figured out which pharmacy was closest to where I was and gave her their phone number. About three hours later, I was all set.

If you're staying in a hotel there in Boston they may be able to tell you which pharmecy is the closest and might even have the number.

Hang in there!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Hang in there.  Try to enjoy - sounds fun!

Tracys2
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I hope they let you have an emergency prescription. I quit paxil for the same reason (I was in England) and I don't recommend it, especially if there will be parts of the trip that stress you out. I do know that you have some coping techniques worked out by now. Hope they help!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM

hugs! do your breathing, do some stretching, you can get through it, I know you can!

iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

awww thats too bad :\ try to enjoy the trip. i would love to be on vacation right now!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 6:33 AM

I was able to get it, there is a cvs right up the road and I was running out anyway and it was during the time allowed for the refill. 

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 6:47 AM

I am from Boston, have you been to the Children's Museum and the Science Museum yet?  Fanueil Hall is cool too.  Anyways sorry you don't have anxiety meds I know how that is and it is not a good feeling.  Have you tried deep breathing excersizes?  Sometimes that works for me.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 6:52 AM

so glad you were able to get your meds!

beautisticaware
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Glad to hear you were able to get your medicine. Please understand that under Federal Law, you will be unable to transfer that medication back to your regular pharmacy. It is a controlled drug. Just call your doctor and explain the situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)