Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom is driving me crazy!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM
  • 2 Replies

I love my mom! I love my mom! I KNOW I love my mom, but damn!

We did the five hour drive to spend the long weekend with her and discuss her MS and some experimental procedure she wants.

She's looking into CCSVI which is where you balloon into the veins in the neck like angioplasty.

Or stem cell replacement. Both are not allowed in Canada, both, she'd be a lab rat.

I understand that stem cell is SUPPOSE to help a multitude of conditions including her COPD, lung infections, MS, Fibromyalgia, but it can take more then one treatment, we'd have to go to South America or overseas and costs $25,000 + not including travel.

CCSVI can be done in LA or Meridia Mexico - it will only be about $11, 000 w/travel (for LA).There's been more research on it, they're doing trials in Canada but she wants it now.

I've been going back and forth for three days already, trying to help her decide. Just when I think we have it decided, she'll want me to look more into stem cell......AGGGGGGGGGGG!

I understand she wants to *be better*, but I'm so frustrated. There are so many scams out there and she can't afford to make the right choice. AND she's very high risk just for the CCSVI. Her doctor here doesn't even want her to do it!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

i can understand your frustration. ultimately she is going to have to make the choice she goes with. tell her youve given her all the info you can and let her make a decision from that.

mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM

So much easier said then done :P With the MS she has problems remembering and concentrating, She says she wants me to do the investigation work, I come up with what I think is best, then she goes back on to the stem cell treatment, which I DON'T think is best.

She's like a child, trusting a parent to take care of her, and I'm TRYING

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)