Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

seeking advice.

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 4:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
In Nov i gave birth to my beautiful baby boy.
he is my third child. i have a 4yr old boy living and 18 month baby girl who is passed away.

i have bad anxiety and ptsd.

my baby is 5m now he has reflux and is deaf.
its been hard since day one we went back into the hospital cause low temp and losing weight.
since i have worked hard to have him gain. he is now 13pounds :)
i just feel down allot cause i have a fear of sids and just losing another child in general.

i do go to therapy but its not all that great.

i have gained 30 pounds and so tired all the time. maybe cause every 3 days i say up cause i just can't sleep

i just feel like as much i try i keep getting knocked back down.

any advice on how to cope and maybe some tips on getting my energy back up again. i have had blood work done so i am ok health wise just not mentally.
thanks in advance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 4:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Deiangel
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I'm going to college for art therapy so I feel strongly about using art as a method to express emotion. Sometimes talking to someone doesn't feel like enough. I don't know if you are interested in art but sometimes visually representing how you feel helps more than the spoken word. You could try going to the library/online and finding the book "The art therapy sourcebook" that has some great ideas of things you can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM

You have a LOT going on. 

Do you exercise? A walk with the baby might help you get more energy (over time) and if you're tireder physically, to sleep at least some.

As for the therapy, if you think it's not going anywhere, maybe you could look around and see if you could find another therapist that could help you more.

The stress you'v ehad (and even the 5 month old with losing weight is hard on you becuase it's all the time worrying and trying to feed more, plus the worries about him) is going to weigh on you for quite a while. When he gets stronger and older (reflux gets better usually as they get towards 1 and are upright more), and hits 2 and you're past the scariest age for you, it should improve. Having an "it will get better around point X and even better at point Y" thing in my mind helped me with my colicky child, and might help you. Until then, whatever you can do to keep going and keep getting coping from therapy.

Hugs and hoping it improves day by day.

JansRainbow
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. If your therapy isn't going well, see another therapist. Have you thought of grief counseling? I know they have groups for people who loss children. You have a  lot going on. Exercise may help. It may help you to sleep better.Are you on any medication for depression and anxiety?  That may help too. I will be praying for you. Take care. Sending hugs too.

JenaSmith
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Thank you all for the advice. i do love art but never have time to sit and focus on anything.
i am going to try exercising.
this is my second therapist i am seeing so i am trying to stick it out. i am not on med. i have tried several and it either makes it worse or i break out in hives. so i am looking into more natural remedies.

if bad stuff would just stop happening i could conquere it cause ill have time to instead havin to rush to the next problem.

again thanks everyone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN