Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

PPD to PPP

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:02 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi. My name is Lacey. I am 22 years old and the mother of a fantastic 17 month old little boy. I was wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with PPD or PPP? I was first diagnosed with PPD at 2 months postpartum and diagnosed with PPP at 15 months postpartum. Has anyone ever experienced the worst of the worst with either?  I do not know of anyone who had it as bad or extreme as I did. Any thoughts, stories, opinions (as long as they are nice) are welcome!

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krayzbabylove
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM
My sister had horrible scary ppd, I got mild ppa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forbiddenfun344
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I was diagnosed with PPD. I had it really bad and it took me until my daughter was over the six month mark to really see improvement.

camdenp10
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

@ krazybabylove   

My experince was horrible to say the least. i dont know if I can find a word that would accurately describe it.

camdenp10
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

@ forbiddenfun344

I'm glad that you seen improvement that early. My son is 17 months and I am just now getting the help I need. It's been a long ,very rough road, but finally there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 4:34 AM

i had ppd after my first and it was awful. i had psychosis with mine also. i thought that everybody around me was going to hell with me because i believed i was already there and if you were around me you were going to hell too. peoples faces looked distored and i got crazy beliefs in my head about religion.it was awful.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM

have never had ppd or ppd but I have had bipolar psychosis, and can relate to that.  I am not a meds fan but i feel meds are necessary when dealing with psychosis.

camdenp10
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM

@ lyrik24

I too thought that I was in Hell (psychosis). It certainly felt like that. I had tried to get help and was turned away from the ER and sent home. I dealt with it for another 11 months before I tried again and was sent away again. I didn't know what to do. It was something that you cannot describe until you have been through it. What are some things that helped you get through it? I am still struggling with it (alot) and don't have a lot of support.

HealthCoachMom
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Hi Lacey, 

I experienced ppd 12 yrs ago after the birth of my daughter but didn't experience psychosis. There are other mothers on my page who have experienced psychosis and can offer you support. Also there's health information regarding diet and how food affects mood that's helpful. 

The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose. ~Kahlil Gibran~

www.lifesourceintervention.com

www.facebook.com/lifesourceinterventions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN