Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

happy, yet sad

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM
  • 5 Replies
My daughter is 16 months old and just last night pretty much demanded to be potty trained. Today we had our first day of potty training and she did an awesome job. Out of her 8 potty moments, 6 were actually on her potty. One was on my floor(I tried undies for the first time, and she peed while drinking water lol it was pull ups after that) and then she pooped in her diaper. The rest, she did on her own. I am so unbelievably proud of her, but I'm sad that she is growing up so fast. She has done everything on her own. She night weaned herself before she was 4 mos old, started crawling around 5 mos, walked by 10 mos, she took herself off the bottle 2 days after her birthday and now she's potty training at 16 mos. It's just such a bittersweet moment. I wish she'd stay a baby. I feel like I got ripped off on her babyhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SarahLynn1985
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I know its hard watching them grow up so quickly but on a funnier note :) think of the money you'll save without buying diapers and a tad bit more extra time..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazi1105
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM
True. We spend $40 a month on diapers(thanks to Costco-used to be close to $100 before that!) so that would be a big help.

Quoting SarahLynn1985:

I know its hard watching them grow up so quickly but on a funnier note :) think of the money you'll save without buying diapers and a tad bit more extra time..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLynn1985
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM
:) an extra 40 to put aside or buy some cute little dresses and panties for your little one... I know with my oldest panty shopping is what she loved the first time and made things easier. " you don't wanna teetee on" such and such hehe

Quoting jazi1105:

True. We spend $40 a month on diapers(thanks to Costco-used to be close to $100 before that!) so that would be a big help.

Quoting SarahLynn1985:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:17 AM

it is bittersweet. and it sounds like your daughter is above average. she will probably advance in school too. but just enjoy her successes and savor every minute.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Wow, what an intelligent young lady you have.  That is great, but I know how you feel. My 19 mo old is starting potty training.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN