Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

was it worth the move???

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

ok so recently moved here to colorado because we were facing eviction and having family problems (guns were involved, crazy step mothers, all of the abo ve) so we did what we had to and jumped states... so now here we are living with my mother in law and his step father.(WHO JUDGES EVERYONE SINCE APPERANTLY THEY ARE PERFECT) anyways its been since february and still no luck on finding another place...i feel/know we have overstayed our welcome things are getting worse.. i use all my foodstamps to keep food on the table/ in our mouths and to think they started hiding it! i mean seriously is that necessary.... not only that i help make dinner every night (yes im learning alot) and am very thankful. ok also i go help her at work (cleaning houses) she wakes me up all grouchy and i just keep a smile on my face best part is i dont see one dime of the money that she makes while cleaning these houses yes i understand we are living here bill free (but the plan was to come here so we can save money to get on our feet) they took my honeys income tax and are still saying they havent got it. and we have chores so i cleaned the bathroom on sunday and she barley looked at it today and she told danny i didnt do it right ?!?!? :0 wtf i mean 2 days later and she excpects it to be clean with over 9 people in the house give me a break. i dont know what to do anymore..any advice or suggestions?? thanks for your time.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
can you apply for subsidized housing? Here in mass there are also programs that help you with first llast and deposit on an apt
looneymom424
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Thats hard we had 7 people here it is stressful and not productive.  Only you can decide if it was a good move but I would get out of there before you become overwhelmed.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:46 PM

does your so have a job yet? if you could be helping her and him making an income it would be alot better i think. shame on her for hiding food . that is ridiculous. its good you help out with food stamps. and its good you help her clean for the roof she is providing over your head. but i am sorry she can be so hateful. i know how hard it is to live with that many people in the house. there is 11 in mine. i would get out as soon as i could.

mylilsunshine12
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:54 PM

i amunsure we are looking into all kinds of programs that can help or cheap apt. anything to runaway i guess being prego my emotions r going crazy

Quoting matreshka:

can you apply for subsidized housing? Here in mass there are also programs that help you with first llast and deposit on an apt

mylilsunshine12
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:55 PM

i think the overwhelming is beginning to start ... its a good move only cause i have my family and we are healthy but im wasting time helping people that dont appriciate it :/

Quoting looneymom424:

Thats hard we had 7 people here it is stressful and not productive.  Only you can decide if it was a good move but I would get out of there before you become overwhelmed.

mylilsunshine12
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM

ya thats y i am cleaning for free to help bring in income but what i am doing isnt good enough... and i can help clean as much as i can but i dont care to if it goes un apriciated and she is un happy with how i do it(even thought i have been a housekeeper since i wass able to work ) i knwo how to clean she is just getting picky :(

Quoting lyrick24:

does your so have a job yet? if you could be helping her and him making an income it would be alot better i think. shame on her for hiding food . that is ridiculous. its good you help out with food stamps. and its good you help her clean for the roof she is providing over your head. but i am sorry she can be so hateful. i know how hard it is to live with that many people in the house. there is 11 in mine. i would get out as soon as i could.

JansRainbow
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Can you look into Section 8 housing? Have you gone to Social Services and talked to a Social Worker to find out what other services are there for you. Some people you can never please. Hope your situation improves. Take care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)