Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Well today is the day I have to realise its good bye to my grandson

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM
  • 15 Replies

I guess I am suppose to be Happy for next week starts the new chapter in my life. A new job,a new place ,new everything. But yet I will be so far away from my grandson. I knew this pain was going to get worse. But I didnt prepare for this much pain. Its funny you hurt when you give birth to your children,but who ever knew they could hurt you this bad. Today I set down and filled out a mothers day card for my daughter and mailed it to her,sent my oldest daughter her birthday card. And sent my wonderful grandson a card telling him how much I love  him. Hes only 18 months old so I wonder if he will ever remember me or will ever know me or see the cards. Then my sons birthday is on Mothers day so I mailed his card to. Gosh a mother with kids who dont claim her . I know  I will  be put down  by some people but if they dont know my pain, I wish they wouldnt condem me. So if to all mothers and grandmothers who dont get to see there kids or grandkids how do you get through it???

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CassE168
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:48 PM

i have a niece & 2 nephews that i've barely been around. my brother is in prison right now, & basically blames our mom for all of his problems (ya know, because she made him steal & sell/make/take drugs...btw, this is his 3rd or 4th time in jail, i lost count). now i live far away, but before i didn't see them because he couldn't keep his stuff together &  the kids' mom is stand-off-ish...although she feels the need to attack our mom, even though he's in jail this time for threatening her life. serious craziness.

anyways, my mom doesn't get to see the kids ever. she only had my brother & me, so i have the only other grandchild, but again we live across the country...although she sees more of my son than the other grandkids. it's always difficult; how do you fix something when the people can't behave civily? (my mom stays calm, but my brother has anger issues) i just try to hold onto the hope that he'll actually think about his life & figure it out.

unwantedmom65
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I am so sorry....I know it must be hard on all of you. My  best of wishs go out to you and your family and I hope you all get together soon. hopefully your brother will grow to understand what he is doing to his family. thank you for being there for your family.

mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I let my ex have my kids when we split ten years ago. They were 5/8 and it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

I'm very lucky though, I've always been in their lives, and see them every week, and speak to them almost every day./

Mother's Day ..... I just treat like any other day

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:16 AM

i can honestly say i dont know how you get through it. i dont know what i would do if i couldnt see my grandson. he is my heart and soul.i feel so bad for you and hope that your children will f inally come around. try to keep yourself busy and do something to make yourself feel better if you can. good luck to you. i am so sorry!

lucy164
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:31 AM

i'm so sorry.  it must be very hard for you. i hope you feel better soon.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I'm so sorry :-( I couldn't imagine keeping my daughter away from any of her grandparents.

pinkanfgrl
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I have two nephews that I haven't seen in five years. My mom was trying to get grandparent rights, before she suddenly passed. I hope your kids wake up and realize what they're doing isn't right. My heart goes out to you. Stay strong. Good luck with your new chapter. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I'm so sorry! We make a huge effort (like all our vacation time and significant money) to ensure our kids know their grandparents (out of state) and other family. Nowadays, people don't seem to think family means anything. When family isn't outright hateful, they should stick together. Hugs to you, and prayers that they will come to understand this in enough time that you will get to know him.

Mrs_Szontagh
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:45 AM

And my son's grandparents want virtually nothing to do with him! We live 5 miles from my in laws and they never call to see him. They watch him for us if we both have to work, but other than that he's with us. My mom moved to the city to be near and she talks of all these plans, but never actually does anything with him. As a parent it breaks my heart... I remember doing so much with my Grandparents- they always wanted to spend time with us. But I don't feel like they WANT to spend time with my son. You're grandchildren are lucky to have you. I say keep sending cards. As many as you can. Let them know they're loved <3

momsense2007
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Why did u let them stay with him?... Why didn't you keep them?... Just wndering

Quoting mrsvixen:

I let my ex have my kids when we split ten years ago. They were 5/8 and it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

I'm very lucky though, I've always been in their lives, and see them every week, and speak to them almost every day./

Mother's Day ..... I just treat like any other day

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)