Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Worrying about leaving my child with someone else!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:18 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hello all!  I don't know if anyone feels this way, bur I have been home with my daughter for a year and am so nervous to leave her with anyone other than my husband.  I am from NY to Canada to be with my husband and I know no one here except his family and I do not want to leave my daughter with them full time.  How do I get over this???

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mrsvixen
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Start by leaving her with someone you trust a for a little bit of time to start with and then move the time to more.

If it's your inlaws, they raised their son, and unless there's something terribly wrong with him, he surived P

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
mommyof4gn1b
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:28 AM
I'm the same way. I decided to use care.com to find someone who would come into my home.....I interviewed 5 women before i finally settled. I love the women we picked but still don't trust 100%. To calm my nerves I did a background check, copied her drivers license, and wrote her tag number and car info down. Call me over protective but It's my babies. It's been 2 months and I'm finally getting comfortable. It takes time. But i can tell you, as a mom, listen to your gut. It is never wrong. You will know when you find the RIGHT person or daycare. If anything makes you question, don't ignore it. I did a home nanny because I didn't want my kids getting sick from daycare kids and i am home sometimes so i can hear/see how she's doing. Hope this helps.
roshana420
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM

So glad to know I'm not the only one!  I guess you can never bee too paranoid when it comes to kids!!  Thanks for the post and advice:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN