Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My new gardening obsession

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

Last year was lavender, which seems to be doing great by the way! I thought one of them was dead because I wasn't able to get it into the ground before frost so I had left it in it's little pot. But I put it in the ground a few months ago and it has new growth!

Now I'm obsessed with planting roses! I have three that I put in last year, and I've got 5 that I'm going to try to go look at tonight because they are so pretty, at least the pictures online are pretty. I can only get a few because they are kind of expensive, but I love any flowers that smell good.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
looneymom424
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I cant garden but I love to look at them I am allergic good for you doing something you love

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM

That is great.  It's hard growing roses here, its something I miss about when I lived in the pacific northwest.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

i bet it is so beautiful. post us some pictures!

Tracys2
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM

That's excellent! We mostly grow veggies, but watching things grow is excellent!

MegG25
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I love gardening!  It's so nice- when everything starts growing and turning green I feel alive again finally lol.  And I agree I want to see pictures too!

rhodaj
by rho on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I am so happy that you have something that you find to enjoy every year at this time. It is very theraputical

flowrsgalore
way too much crap to get done today to be slacking on CM. Feeling like my life is a string of unappreciated chores.
Yesterday at 10:12 AM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I love gardening too.  I'm actually in a local gardening group.  Next week  I get to go to hear a professor talk about creative gardening.  I think it's going to be about mixing in veggies w/ your flower & ornamental stuff.  Really looking forward to this.  I have a couple lavender plants, they look like hell now but when they pop out of dormancy they'll be beautiful.  Roses take time.  They need about three years to really put on a show.  So worth it.  I don't always feel this way but they say gardeners are the most optimistic people.  Hope I'm not too annoying hear but I can get a bit carried away on this topic, ha ha.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Quoting flowrsgalore:

I love gardening too.  I'm actually in a local gardening group.  Next week  I get to go to hear a professor talk about creative gardening.  I think it's going to be about mixing in veggies w/ your flower & ornamental stuff.  Really looking forward to this.  I have a couple lavender plants, they look like hell now but when they pop out of dormancy they'll be beautiful.  Roses take time.  They need about three years to really put on a show.  So worth it.  I don't always feel this way but they say gardeners are the most optimistic people.  Hope I'm not too annoying hear but I can get a bit carried away on this topic, ha ha.

I'm actually pretty new to gardening, so I love advice and ideas! We have a lot of places that do gardening classes and seminars, I just haven't had a chance to go to any of them yet.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Sounds so nice!  Love flowers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN