Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

My new gardening obsession

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

Last year was lavender, which seems to be doing great by the way! I thought one of them was dead because I wasn't able to get it into the ground before frost so I had left it in it's little pot. But I put it in the ground a few months ago and it has new growth!

Now I'm obsessed with planting roses! I have three that I put in last year, and I've got 5 that I'm going to try to go look at tonight because they are so pretty, at least the pictures online are pretty. I can only get a few because they are kind of expensive, but I love any flowers that smell good.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
looneymom424
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I cant garden but I love to look at them I am allergic good for you doing something you love

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM

That is great.  It's hard growing roses here, its something I miss about when I lived in the pacific northwest.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

i bet it is so beautiful. post us some pictures!

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM

That's excellent! We mostly grow veggies, but watching things grow is excellent!

MegG25
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I love gardening!  It's so nice- when everything starts growing and turning green I feel alive again finally lol.  And I agree I want to see pictures too!

rhodaj
by rho on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I am so happy that you have something that you find to enjoy every year at this time. It is very theraputical

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I love gardening too.  I'm actually in a local gardening group.  Next week  I get to go to hear a professor talk about creative gardening.  I think it's going to be about mixing in veggies w/ your flower & ornamental stuff.  Really looking forward to this.  I have a couple lavender plants, they look like hell now but when they pop out of dormancy they'll be beautiful.  Roses take time.  They need about three years to really put on a show.  So worth it.  I don't always feel this way but they say gardeners are the most optimistic people.  Hope I'm not too annoying hear but I can get a bit carried away on this topic, ha ha.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Quoting flowrsgalore:

I love gardening too.  I'm actually in a local gardening group.  Next week  I get to go to hear a professor talk about creative gardening.  I think it's going to be about mixing in veggies w/ your flower & ornamental stuff.  Really looking forward to this.  I have a couple lavender plants, they look like hell now but when they pop out of dormancy they'll be beautiful.  Roses take time.  They need about three years to really put on a show.  So worth it.  I don't always feel this way but they say gardeners are the most optimistic people.  Hope I'm not too annoying hear but I can get a bit carried away on this topic, ha ha.

I'm actually pretty new to gardening, so I love advice and ideas! We have a lot of places that do gardening classes and seminars, I just haven't had a chance to go to any of them yet.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Sounds so nice!  Love flowers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)