Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling so distant

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm going through something and I don't like it.... tired, not hungry, extremely on edge, no motivation at all.... my anxiety and depression meds are not helping me either :( it's like I'm just gliding through life.... I don't know what the days are half the time.... I have to constantly look at my cell phone or the calendars either on the wall or computer to figure it out.

I don't get much time with Jay anymore other than when we go out once a month.... he works so much and it feels like I'm a single mother again except at night when I can cuddle in close to him.

I feel so distant from the world. Like I'm watching everyone else do things, go places, etc but I can't even see what I'm doing.

I can't think straight... my mind is constantly wandering.... I don't know what to do :( I just want to ball up into fetal position and cry my life away sometimes.

The relationship with Jay is fantastic.... we have our disagreements but it's little things that we come to agreements on. So it's nothing to do with our relationship. In 1 1/2 years we'll be as one... legally anyways. I feel we're already as one most of the time.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all, if you have any thoughts of harming yourself, please call someone right away...

You sound very depressed.  You have a loving partner.  You said that you feel as though you are already one, therefore I would suggest you ask him to assist you in finding a therapist who can help you through this.

There are many people who can dispense advice here, identify with you, and offer you support online, which is great. However, it is no substitute for seeking professional help to get you through this.  We all need help.  When we're feeling sick, we go to the doctor... when we are depressed,  we find a professional to talk to.  There's definitely no shame in that.  And you have a great companion who will support you.

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:51 AM
I'm sorry hub,I know the feeling. Have you talked to your doctor about speaking to a therapist? Trying finding support groups in your area. Go out and get out of the house. Remember why you are living. I know easier said then done. You can do it. Things will get better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Group Admin on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:18 AM

it sounds like you are going through whats called dissassociation. your depression is so bad you cant keep you thought processes right. i have been there. i would look at the clock to see what time it was and not remember after i put m y head back down. you need to see your dr asap and get your meds changed and tell him how you are feeling. hope everything will work out for you. hugs!

by Peggy on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:25 AM

it sounds like dissociation or add maybe.  tell your doctor about it.  i'm glad you have such a great fiance.

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM

To me it souces like dissociation as well.  I go through it when I get stressed or upset or triggered by something.  A therapist can really help with ways to bring you back int o reality. for me it helps to hold something cold, or to do artwork. many people have other methods as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)