Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Never been one to complain

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Well I guess i've never been one to show too much other than happiness and anger. i am starting to thing i have ppd, i've never felt so empty and unenergetic in my life. I currently have 4 kids. they are great kids, don't get me wrong and my SO is supportive but i just feel like, dang, i dunno how to describe it. lonely,empty, unattractive. it's not like i don't bounce right back after having kids, hell i'm 5'6" 132lbs and i had my DS4 5 weeks ago. I ate healthy, tried to excersize and got out of the house but that was all really hard to do. i've lost my appetite and today i was going to go into town ( i live in the country btw) and get some grocery shopping done but i freaked out instead, my brother unbuckled the car seat and i couldn't get it right so i yelled and told my SO that i'm not going because people always have to f*ck with my van!! so then i tried to calm myself down, i mean we were ready to go, my 3yo DS was dressed, DS4 was bathed and fed and ready to go, i was even dressed and i thought i was ready to go but i couoldn't. so i picked DS4 and told SO that we weren't going, screw it, i just couldn't get over it. as i'm typing this, i'm crying over my over reaction and the fact i really wanted to get out of my house for a bit. SO asked me if there was anything else we needed in town, i told him there's nothing, SO and DS3 went to town for a doctors appointment but before he left I have no idea why i told him this but I told him that I don't trust him with the baby. He told me to F off and he him and DS3 left. I don't know why i said it, i don't know why i freaked out like i did, i don't know who i am any more, i used to be a mostly happy person but now i feel like a pile of dung. i just had to vent.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

it is highly possible you have ppd. you need to see a therapist and get a referal to see a psych dr. you may need to be on meds for a while. i would do it before it got any worse. afterall, you have four kids to take care of. let so help with the kids some. take some time for yourself. maybe try to go grocery shopping by yourself and you wouldnt get so upset. have so watch the kids. but def. try to get some help. hope things work out for you!

Renee47
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Quoting lyrick24:

it is highly possible you have ppd. you need to see a therapist and get a referal to see a psych dr. you may need to be on meds for a while. i would do it before it got any worse. afterall, you have four kids to take care of. let so help with the kids some. take some time for yourself. maybe try to go grocery shopping by yourself and you wouldnt get so upset. have so watch the kids. but def. try to get some help. hope things work out for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)