Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:19 PM
  • 4 Replies
My boyfriend of my son due may 31 just had a meltdown and broke up with me. We live together but he hasnt been home or contacted me. He struggles with addiction but is not doing the.right things to correct it and is affecting me. Im due in less than 5 weeks and now all of my plans and future is out the window and up in the air. Any advice?
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM

let him go! your son doesn't need an addict around causing you and him unneeded stress! Alanon is a good place to go, too. HUGS!

mrsvixen
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Do whatever you neede to do to ensure your safety and well being until the baby and just afterwards. The rest you can figure out later.

If he's on drugs, it's not safe to have him around a baby.

*hugs*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
CassE168
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM

that's rough. i don't really have any advice. i suppose if it was me i would look into resources to help out w/ finances & child care for after the baby is born so i could go back to work asap. but planning is what comforts me, & so does not having to worry as much about money.

i hope everything works out!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM

if he is addicted he needs to get help before he comes back home with you and a baby. youre going to have to put your foot down. i know this because my son and daughter were addicted and it was awful. you can never have a real life with someone like that. so try to be strong and tell him to get help before he comes back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)