Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I hate my husband!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM
  • 8 Replies
Some days I hate my Husband so bad. He is always taking off and going over to his brother's house to smoke and hardly spends anytime or helps me with our 2 little kids (20 months and 4 months). I'm lucky if I get to shower or eat some days because they consume all my time. some days I just feel like I might as well be a single mom. I love my kids and love being a mom, it's what I always wanted but some days I just hate everything! Some days I want him to hurt like I hurt because I am constantly fighting for his time and attention over his brother/ best friend. He puts spending time with his brother as equally as important as spending time with his family. I just needed to spill my emotions. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Hilary799
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I'm sorry! It seems like in this relationship, you have grown up and he has not. You need to try and sit down and let him know how you feel. If need be, write him a letter. Open up and let it all out. If possible, take the children to a babysitter while you talk. Or leave the letter where you're sure he'll find it and then leave. It might come down to having to give him an ultimatum. Good luck!

looneymom424
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM

You need to talk to him about how you feel and tell him that they are his kids too  he needs to help you...Just an hour away would feel great to you

Tracys2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM

That's a really common complaint, and totally valid. The reason for having 2 people in a family is to have each helping the others all the time. He definitely has not grown up

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

you need to have a long talk with him and tell him how you feel and see if you two can work it out. if not i would recommend marriage counseling. i would hate to see you have to leave him over this but theres no way you can keep putting up with that. he has a family now and he needs to accept the responsibility.

FocusPhotos
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:38 AM

hugs*

momsense2007
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:48 AM
Wow that's messed up I hated it when my STBX did stuff like that but it was just his friends he don't have a brother ... I'm sorry he's being that way hope things get better for u soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM

The only way I get time to myself is to demand it from DH.  IT sucks and its like dealing with a broken record.

lucy164
by Peggy on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM

how old is your husband?  he sounds very immature.  maybe he's too young to be a good husband and dad.  do you think you could get him to a marriage counselor?  are you in therapy yourself?  a therapist could help you sort this out.hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN