Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that's depressing.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

I finally called a psych to try to get in there and they were supposed to call me back within a day and no one ever called me back; that was two weeks ago. It makes me even more put off from going to get seen.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Tracys2
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:20 PM

How rude! 

I would have a hard time calling at all and that would turn me off too, but you know calling back (or calling another ) is the right thing to do. Maybe they wrote a number badly or something. 

Mom_The_Nurse
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Well, because I'm starting the RN program in August, we are required to meet with the Dean of student services. He informed me that I can receive free psych counseling and what not because I'm a student. I do have.insurance so this I'd just a blessing that I can get it completely free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

dont feel that way. you need to call back and tell them what happened so they will be sure to be on it. or you may have missed the call. if you need help then you need to go get it. sometimes they are so overworked that its hard for them to keep everything straight. i know thats the way it is where i go. there is a shortage of psych. drs. i would encourage you to call back until you get an appt.

matreshka
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:48 AM

This is the same where I go, it was hard getting in, I had to call back myself to get an intake.  And if I have a med issue I ask to speak to the med nurse instead of my prescriber because my issue gets to my prescriber quicker.

Call Back!

Quoting lyrick24:

dont feel that way. you need to call back and tell them what happened so they will be sure to be on it. or you may have missed the call. if you need help then you need to go get it. sometimes they are so overworked that its hard for them to keep everything straight. i know thats the way it is where i go. there is a shortage of psych. drs. i would encourage you to call back until you get an appt.

lucy164
by Peggy on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:31 AM

i find sometimes the the office workers in a doctor's office don't follow through with what the patient needs.  keep calling them and ask to be put on a cancelation list.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)