Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone taking Seroquel? For self-harm

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi all-I have been self-harming,scratching my skin till it bleeds,then scratching off the scabs.  I have sores on my legs that I have not allowed to heal since Aug!  I take Zoloft 200mg/day,Xanax XR 2 MG/day,Xanax .5mg as needed for panic attacks,and last Thurs my psych started Serquel.  I just took 25 mg bc I had taken it before but it was soo sedating I could not function.  Now I am sleeping 15 hrs a day which does not work for a SAHM of a 5 year ol boy on the Autism Spectrum!I am also soo nauseated by it.  I have tried other atypical anti-psychotics,Abilify,Saphris,Risperdal,nothing helps stop me from hurting myself.  I cannot walk around like a zombie,but I need help.Thanks.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JansRainbow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I take Seroquel, 300 mg at bedtime and Seroquel 25 mg, 4 times a day. I take Abilify and Lexapro and Rozerum. Seroquel at night helps me sleep. I don't get sleepy during the day with the 25mg Seroquel. I have been on so many kinds of meds. I can handle higher doses of meds. You are on a lot of meds that causes sleepiness. Maybe if you spread them out when you take them. I get sores on my head and scratch them until they bleed.I don't realize I am doing it. Discuss it with your doctor.  Maybe they can adjust the dosages and times when you take  them. I hope you can get this taken care of and feel better. Take care.

matreshka
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

On such a low dose it shouldn't be affecting you like that, I'm not a doc though obviously.  I take 600 mg or seroquel xr.  It could be that the atypicals don't agree with you. 

Have you tried therapy for self harm.  I went to a coping skills support group and it really helped.  There is aslo something called WRAP - wellness recovery action plan groups that really helped me with my self harm and self destructive behaviors.

mrsvixen
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I was put on seroquel 100 mg, on top of my cirpilix and wellbutrin last year after my dad died. Perhaps you just need to build up to it?

I know one lady on here is on something like 800 mg ...I'd be comatose

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)