• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling down lately...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 4 Replies
So here lately I've been feeling really down. i try to look at the bright side of things for my kids but it seems harder and harder. i feel like im a bad mother because i have bad depression. it seems like the more time goes on the worse it gets. im on meds and I've switched them to try to figure it out but its like nothing helps. i really feel like i should give up and let go plus i have no one to talk to. any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:20 AM

you can talk to us here. i sorry your feeling so down and your meds dont seem to be working. i would give these new ones a little while to kick in and if  they dont work try something else. sometimes it takes several tries before we get the right thing. it did with me anyway. just hang in there and keep looking on the bright side of things like you say you are doing. get out and get some exercise and it will help alot. dont forget to take care of yourself too.

matreshka
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Have you ever tried therapy? It has helped me more than the meds.

momma0911
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM
I've been depressed for as long as i can remember and I've talked to therapist but i just feel weird. its helped a little let go of what happened in the past but when i had a daughter it came back. Thank you guys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JansRainbow
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM

This is a great group and we are here for you. It may take a while for the meds to work or find one that works for you. It took  a  while to find the right combination for me. Working with  a therapist on things that happened in the past is good. If they are brought back up again, then you need to work on them again.Please don't feel you are a bad mom because of the depression. My mom had severe  depression, but she was an excellant  mom. There were times when we knew mom wasn't feeling well. Kids can understand more than you think. Take care. Hope you feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)