Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

No One To Talk To

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:55 AM
  • 21 Replies

Hi.

My name is Alexandria, I am 23 years old and first time mother. I have been married for almost 3 years now. I have just been feeling moody lately and down, I tried talking about it to my husband, but that was a mistake cause all he did was blow me off, I have even told my mother that I am just not happy, she really did not say much either. I basically have no one to talk to about how I feel, I dont have friends or family around, I am a stay at home mother and I don't get out very much. Ladies do you have any suggestions? Or what would you do in this situation?

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

check your local library and see if they have programs for the mom and child. ours does. also try to find a play group. you also need to get out by yourself some so make you husband watch the baby and get a gym membership or something. if you cant get a gym membership go to the local park and walk or walk around your neiborhood. take up some hobbies. join groups that peak your interest. just do something to get yourself out.

DixieL
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:23 AM

The only thing I can tell you is that you can vent in cafemom anytime you want. There is always someone on here that will talk to you. My name is Dixie and I will talk to you whenever you want to Congratulations on your baby. You had better talk now. When your baby comes it will be a while before you have time to talk again. Again Congratulations. You will love being a mom

lucy164
by Peggy on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM

that's what we're here for.  talk away.

whatmynameagain
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Write down things you aren't happy about and how to range them one thing at a time until they are narrable. Also do things that make you happy even if its blowing bubbles w your baby outside or go for walks( sun shine can work wonders). Little steps so you font feel overwhelmed. Remember you are string and can take back your own power. It is tough and s constant battle for mr too nut I tty to do one urging a day that I like doing and working on little steps to solve the problems that come and keep getting up un the morning. I also make "I I did "I lists insteadbof to do lustsvand keep positive. You have depression but it dies nit defunewgi you are nor will it win')keep venting here if it helps and remind yourself to breath, little steps and you can create your own happiness.. you are stronger than you know:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JansRainbow
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM

This is a great group and we are here for you. Can you get outdoors and perhaps go to the park? Check your library for events. My sister is a children's librarian and does things with kids of all ages. You need to get out and be with other people. Make friends. It's not good staying in all the time.Exercise is good too. Many places have day care. Hope you feel better.

rhodaj
by rho on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I still feel like that. I have one friend I can really talk to about anything. I try to talk to my husband and he always acts like everything is my fault. I joined a group called Nami for along time because we all understood each other and we did things together. The days I didn't have them I felt deserted. When I left Nami for personal reasons My psych dr suggested for me to see a therapist and that was the greatest thing that happened to me. I love my therapist and she has helped me get through some very some rough times. I can't suggest stuff that I can't do like get out and make some friends because that is very difficult for me. I do suggest finding like a play group for your daughter were you could meet people and maybe get some very close friends from there.

Sorry for the ramble. I sometimes do that

Lexi89204277
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Hello!

Thanks for your Advice, I do excerise basically all the time, Its helps me alot to clear my mind and stress, I have also been to the libraby, I just have to go more often too.

Lexi89204277
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Hello, Thanks for your Advice, I'll have to try that

Lexi89204277
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Hello Dixie, its nice to meet you. Thanks

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM
This is a good site, to come connect to other mothers, who may be, feeling same way as you.

I don't have friends either, but I always try to make plans, to do something fun with kids. It don't have to cost a lot. I enjoy walks,through my neighborhood, when weather nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)