Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi. I was happy to find a group like this. I hope to find some help. I have Social Anxiety Disorder.

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM

welcome to the group! we are here to support you. do you see a dr or therapist or take any meds for your disorder?

JansRainbow
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Hi and welcome to the group. This is a great group and we are here for you. You can get support here. I can understand how you feel. Had  that problem for many years, am better, but still have depression and anxiety.

momma22cuites
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Thanks for the support. I used to see a therapist a few years ago (but don't now due to money or there lack of) but am still on meds. I was out of work as of a year ago and seemed to have reverted back to my shyness. Therapy helped but it was undone due to not working (being around  other adults). It's nice to be part of a group where others know what it is like to have issues like this.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM

hugs and welcome to the group!

momma2bubbas
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Welcome!

Quoting momma22cuites:

Hi. I was happy to find a group like this. I hope to find some help. I have Social Anxiety Disorder.

momma22cuites
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. Any ideas of how to initiate conversations? I feel severely challenged in that area.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Welcome to the group. i get social anxiety too, i've always been painfully shy.

momma22cuites
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:27 AM

It is so comforting to hear that I am not alone. It is so frustrating knowing that I am capable to interact and converse with others (as I'm sure you can to) but in some situations my brain turns to mush. I turn inward and it's like I am sitting in front of myself and criticing (sp?) every inch of myself (of how I look and how I sound). Ugh, it's so debilitating. Why does that happen? I am on meds for it and happen to have an appt today. I think my strength needs to be a little stonger because I still have some anxiety, but anyway....I wish that I could step out of my house and be 100% comfortable being who the real me is. Thanks for listening. I kinda went off on a tangent there :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)