Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

new..

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi I'm new here..
I had my first daughter 4 weeks ago. Things have been great til a few days ago. I find myself crying over everything or nothing. My in laws came by the other night and I find that everything they do it say is an attack at me personally (which I know isn't true) but I feel attacked and now I feel like everyone under the sun knows my daughter better and can calm her better than me. That I can do nothing right.. I don't know what to do... She's cried for 3 hours today and I think I did for 2 of it. I don't know what to do.. I just feel like she hates me which is crazy she's just a baby.. I don't know what to do... :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 2, 2012 at 9:27 PM

hugs mama! it's probably a lot of hormones making you so emotional. having a new baby is really hard sometimes, but don't give up. you'll get into a groove with her and it will all come as second nature.

iluvmybabe
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

i agree with PP. motherhood is definitely an adjustment.

maybe your DD has colic?? mine had it and it sucked. i hope you feel better soon.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 6:56 AM

sounds like you are developing ppd. see your dr so they can put you on something that will help you. try not to put it off long so you can get the help you need. come in here and vent anytime. we are here for you!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I was like that when my second was born, the tears and everything for me were just the baby blues and my hormones adjusting.  My son also had coloic which we later learned were allergies to dairy and peanuts.

My son cried and screamed and I would cry a lot of the time with him too.  What really helped was using a moby wrap and wearing him almost constantly.

I would talk to your ob/midwife about it possibly being ppd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN