Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

what are somethings u do for anxity, depression or anger

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

i want to try

going to the gym 

finding a hoby like reading.

but sometimes i just like to be a lone or take a hot bath

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

those are good things to try and being alone sometimes and taking a hot bath is a good idea. when i have anxiety i lay in front of a box fan on my bed and deep breath. i try to relax my mind and talk myself through it. this morning i worked through it makeing the kids breakfast and doing things around the house. i sometimes read a good book and swim. swimming is really good for your depression. sometimes just sitting outside in the sun helps. i sit out and drink coffee. and i love to sit outside when its drizzling rain and drink my coffee. something about the water relaxes me. not where its raining to the point of gettig wet just sprinkling. and getting on here to vent does me alot of good. so vent anytime you need to. we are here to support you.

quartzhillmommi
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM

thank u

JansRainbow
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM

It's nice to spend time alone.  Also good to get out and be with others.Exercise is great  for depression and anxiety. I do water aerobics several times a week. I feel good after the workout. I can work off anxiety. Having a hobby is great. Maybe you can take a class for fun. Check your library. I have taken classes there, craft classes. Do you like to read.?That can be relaxing too. This is a great group and we are here for you. Take care.

rhodaj
by rho on May. 7, 2012 at 5:02 AM

if it is anger I have learned to deal with it by either a long walk,cardio workout or just walking on the treadmill.

Depression I can only take my meds and try to talk to it out but that doesn't always work.

anxiety depending on what is going on and were I am at. I have severe anxiety/panic attacks. If I am at home I try to do some yoga or something relaxing. If I am out in public I try to get out of the situation until I calm down. ex: find a restroom I know were those are at every place I go. Go outside for a few minutes. I also try to be familiar with my surroundings

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I try using skills I've learned in my DBT workbook, I also like to read and sew and do crafts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN