Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Not Alone

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi Everyone!

My name is Michelle.  I have been dealing with depression since my daughter, 6, was born.  I have had a really bad couple of years which has lead to a really dark time in my life.  I am a stay at home mom to 2 kids...6 and 4.  For the past six months I have some off meds, went on meds, been to several intensive outpatient programs and one inpatient.  It has been a whirlwind of pain and suffering. I am trying to find my  way out, but often I feel so lonely.  I look forward to getting to know all of you and to share in your stories.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JansRainbow
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Hi Michelle and welcome to the group. This is  a great group and you can find support here. I suffer from depression, anxiety  disorder and PTSD, I have had depression all my life. Have been inpatient and outpatient programs over the years. One outpatient program I went to for a year. It was very helpful. I understand the pain and suffering. Do you get out at all? Exercise is great for depression and anxiety. I do water aerobics. I get out with other people and get exercise. Do you have any hobbies? Keeping active is important too. I may not feel like going to water aerobics, once I am there, I feel better. I can work off the anxiety.Sometimes you have to force yourself to do things. If you want to talk, send me a message and I will answer. You will find the ladies here really care and helpful too, Take care.

strongmom01
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Hi

Michelle. I am a mother of a little girl. She is two ( a hand full) going on 20. The last 5 years of my life has been really hard and depressing for me. I was about 24 when my husband at the time decided that he ( after being married for 5 years) did want to be married any more so he just left me...That was hard but we didn't have kids together. when i finally got over the entire thing i ran into someone who my heart had feeling for. I known him for 15 years. I didn't think thing was going to go as gar as they did. He had a girlfriend/supermodel at the time... To make a really long story short..I spent my entire pregancy alone and sad. 2 years later from the birth of my child we live together but I feel so alone.....I work and take care of my house and take care of him( and we are not married yet) but I don't know if this is what i want for me. I want to keep my family together for my daughter. UGH..I am sad and confused.....

deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Hi & welcome.  this is a supportive group.  Glad you're here! :)

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Hello and welcome to the group! I've struggled on and off with depression since about 7th grade, but in the last two years or so have also acquired anxiety and panic attacks. I am single mom to a 12 year old girl who currently lives with her dad in another state, but will be back with me June 2nd (YAY!).

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:34 AM

welcome michelle.  i am melissa. i suffer from bipolar disorder and i know how hard it is to get on the right cocktail of meds. i have recently been outpt. and have had my meds changed some. i am dealing with some anxiety right now. this is a great group for support. we are here for you!

lucy164
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:07 AM

welcome to cafemom

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Welcome! I've been there with having bipolar.  Tons of meds, med changes, inpatient and outpatient programs since my 7 yr old was about 2. I totally lost my mind and self medicated until I got put in the hospital.

I had a serious suicide attempt and am lucky to be alive, I was given last rites.  When I came out of it, at first I was angry but them something clicked.  I changed my providers, got on less meds and started to take care and learn to accept and love myself.

Things still aren't easy but I am no longer fighting my disorder, I am trying to live with it.

Burnz
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Thank you all for your support.  I am trying to live day by day and learn to appreciate all my good moments.  I just struggle getting up in the morning.  I dread starting my day not feeling well.  I try my hardest to be positive, but most days are hard.  This has taken a real toll on my family and I just pray that I find peace with who I am and learn how to cope in the best way I can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)