Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

New Here

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM
  • 4 Replies

My name is Linda and I am 42 and I have been married 18 years and he has 3 kids, I have one(that he adopted)and together we have 2 from 28-14, along with 6 grandbabies. I have started feeling blah and sad and anxious for awhile now, not sure why or when it started, but just that it is here. I have hidden it from hubby until Friday where I told him all I was feeling, including I was molested when I was young. I never thought I would ever say that to anyone. Anyways I have always relived the molestation of what was said and how I felt, I was young 7ish and I know some of the things I have blocked it is probably a good thing and I don't know how long it lasted or how many times. I was very confused and very shy child after that. I do remember another time when I was older a old man was petting me and touching me and dad said if he touched me one more time he was going to brake his arm and we left the house. After that life happened and I was doing the wife and mother thing and jobs and forgot about it, until now. Not sure why now all of a sudden. So here I am. Thanks for listening.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JansRainbow
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Linda and welcome to the group. I am sorry for what you are going through. I was sexually abused as  a child too. Have only told a couple people. My therapist for one. Never to any of my family. That is good you told your husband. I never had a  relationship or even dated much.(I am 54) You need to work through this. It's something you buried but is haunting you. I know it is hard to talk about it.  I think once you see someone it will help. There are also support group. This is a great group and we are here for you. If you want to talk, send me a message and I will answer. Take care. Sending hugs.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

i think you need to find a therapist to help you through your problems. they may refer you to a psychiatrist if they think you need to be on meds but im not sure you do at this point.im sorry about what happened to you but glad you could trust your husband enough to tell him. i hope he is supportive. we are here for you in this group. anytime you need to come in and vent we are here. good luck.

Burnz
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome Linda. Im sorry you are going through this. It is hard to accept when things like this hit you out of the blue. I agree, that it may be wise to find a therapist to work with. You are not alone in your feelings. I hope you can find support here. Hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on May. 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM

First welcome to the group. If you aren't seeing a therapist or councler I would try and see one just to talk about things. I was just diagnosed a few weeks ago with everything else from molsetation that I had tried to block for so many years. Also try to get in to see your gyn. I had to at that age because we start the fun cycle of menapause. I know that sounds young to be starting but it isn't i found out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)