Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Depression or Bi-polar

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

My doctor said I have bi-polar, but another doctor told me its depression. I just dont know what to think. Sometimes, Im just so down I make my boyfriend feel like crap. I try not. I love him dearly. I feel like giving up on everything. Ive been battling this for almost 2 years now. I have a 3 year old son who is my world and an 8 year old son who lives with his dad, who btw is wonderful. How do others cope with feeling like this?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

there can be whats called bipolar type II which is where you have the real lows but you dont have the mania. im sorry youre going through this. are you taking any meds right now. if not, you probably need to be on something for depression so i would see my dr right away. good luck to you.

mysticalgoddess
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I didnt know there was different levels of it. The suonds more like me. I do take meds. My doctor said it would cure everything I got, or at least help. (Bi-polar, depression, RLS) I do sleep better, but Im always so dang upset. Everytim I go back to him, he ups my meds.

Burnz
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Are you only taking mood stabilizers?  I was treated for BiPolar instead of depression for two years, and nothing ever helped me.  But they were trying to deal with my Mania I did not have instead of my depression.  If  you have been on the same meds for two years and nothing is working you may to go get a second opinion.  IMO dont waste any more time on meds that are not working for you!

mysticalgoddess
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I hear of another med called serequin. It treats mulitple disorders. I kinda wanna try it. I know many people with issues like mine who take and are doing good. I was taking depression meds and helped for like a year, then they like stopped and I slipped back into the moods I was having.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM

do you mean seroquel? I am on seroquel xr and its really the only med that helps me. I am bipolar I and also take viibryd and klonopin. I still have breakthrough mixed episodes (depression and irritable ragey mania at the same time)  but I am doing a lot better.  My DH even said so today.

Quoting mysticalgoddess:

I hear of another med called serequin. It treats mulitple disorders. I kinda wanna try it. I know many people with issues like mine who take and are doing good. I was taking depression meds and helped for like a year, then they like stopped and I slipped back into the moods I was having.

quartzhillmommi
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM

sounds like how iam they dignosed me with depression, bipoler and anxity. iam currently on 3 meds and so far they are working. i too have attendencys to treat hubby like crap. and iam also to smothering and need him alot i just recently learned so iam going to work on that next

PuppetDani
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:30 PM

carefully

rhodaj
by rho on May. 7, 2012 at 5:09 AM

They have got so they call allot of things bipolar now. But most people that are diagnosed with bipolar has mixed episodes. I have learned to cope by educating myself. I have learned pretty much what causes a deep depression or what has caused me to go into a mania. If I don't know I know I need to discuss it with my dr or therapist. Through educating others in different mental illnesses one of the first things I learned was to know your body,no your triggers.

rhodaj
by rho on May. 7, 2012 at 5:11 AM

Oh I forgot to some dr.'s put bipolar on everything. So make sure that you are watching any episodes that would come with bipolar

mysticalgoddess
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM

What is the mania in bi-polar exactly?? I dont know what that is. I do have the highs and lows. Unfortunately, my b/f and son suffer the most probably.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN