Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

social gathering - major anxiety!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm very proud of both my sons.  They have received first honors with their grades for the entire school year!  Having said that, there is an awards night this wed. night honoring all the kids with first honors.  Any social thing like this just feels like it's too much to handle with all the anxiety.  They are having food in the cafeteria first & then the awards in the auditorium.  It's very nice the school lis doing this.  I am super proud of my boys - just hate this awful anxiety.  I can't not go, but ugh!!!  Wish I didn't have to deal with social stuff. 

Other piece of this is I've felt so judged & cut off since becoming a single mother - doesn't help.  I feel shunned or something.  Some ppl here are so weird & rude.  Thx for listening.  Wish me luck!

by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Replies (11-13):
deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Quoting matreshka:

That's awesome your son's are doing so well.  Just focus on that.  I know the social stuff is hard but if you get into a conversation just keep it light about how wonderful the program is and how nice it is the school is doing this. Stuff like that.  That's how I get through things, even if my heart is pounding on the inside.

Oh, I know - my heart is always pounding.  I go a great job of hiding the anxiety - ppl can't tell.  But, it's still awful.  Really sux!  Thanks for your kind words.  It does help! :)

KRIZZ25
motherhood is not a race..u can't outdo one another..u go go ur own speed.
Today at 2:56 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 8:08 PM

i hate wen a lot of pplare around.. i ,m a single mom of 3 and cant keep eye on them all..shit wen we went to Disney a few years ago i fliped the fuck out..to Manny ppl and my dd dispersed ..i could not fine her for 10 min..omg we i found her i went the hell off...i sayed injoy it kids..u will not come back till ur teens..i cant take all them ppl...

deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I agree - crowds are scary with young children. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)