Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Should I be made at the county attourney?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

Had our preliminary hearing today against my sons father on accusations that he molested my now six year old daughter. They had decided to give "him" a level 4 offense, and charges of aggravated battery. Which he will still go to prison, and he'd still be a felon. But the county attorney didn't want my six year old to testify, he was afraid she'd lock up. I'm upset because he wont have to register as a sex offender with these charges. My six year old is going through trauma therapy and there is a program the county has that my six year old has been going through that is helping her with the court process and letting her know what might happen. I want to be upset but at the same time I'm glad he's thinking about her. I honestly wish they would have her testify considering that she has been going through weekly trauma therapy and been prepared to testify. I dont know if that makes me a bad mom, but I wanted the sex offender charges to stick.

by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM

i dont blame you for wanting the sex offenders charges to stick. if he molested her then they should stick. i would be upset too. i hope you can manage to put all this behind you and know that your daughter is safe.

LexRi0709
by on May. 9, 2012 at 5:13 PM
That's bs what they did. Your child would not have had to take the stand! Generally at that young an age the judge will go to their chambers and talk directly with the child so they do not have to face the accused attacker. I would fight it! I would write a letter t the judge as well telling him/her what happend, how it has affected you dd and give the information of whatever therapist she saw/is seeing. I would also send the same letter to the county prosecuter as well! Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on May. 9, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Wtf he he doesn't have to register.with all the hell he has put her and you through he gets that. I would send letters to everyone. The prosecuter the paper your Senater
Let everyone know what is going on.
Hugs rho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)