Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

this is what i,m going to do ??

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

this is what i,m going to do ??

OK so i,m stressed to the max wth the kids ,stuff..me and ex get along grate ..so i was going to have him come stay wth the kids( he is disabled,lives wth his mom)..so i was going to have him come stay wth the kids a wile ( sense he don't visit or take em wen he needs to)i need some times away ..like a few months..find a job live on my own and try to get me straight..i need to work on me..he has Had 7 years to do him and do what the has to do ..i need a brake ..of course i,ll call and stuff but i need to get away..he thanks if he comes for a few hr its same a taken them..hum it,s not...i just cant do it any more ..i,m burned out..my fam  cant take em .i have did my part now its his ...he takes em 1 week during the summer.so i know he can do it ..lot better if he,s here than pull kids out of school..and it,s closer to his doc..his doc in a hr away.from my house is 15 min from mine..i ,m just going to tell him i have a job opportunity and need to move Thar for wile..,i need a brake...if he don't i,m afraid i,ll do something i dont wont..like give kids to state. i just cant do it any more..i,m not smart ,i cant drive,,cant do nothing and it,s getting harder each day..so it dads time to step up..he can do it ..he raised 1 kids already..

no bashing...

by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrsvixen
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a really tough choice! I left my kids with my ex when I left him ten years ago and it was the hardest thing i've ever done!

make sure you have a custody agreement in place and eveything is in writing. If that doesn't work out, then what about foster care?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Quoting mrsvixen:

That's a really tough choice! I left my kids with my ex when I left him ten years ago and it was the hardest thing i've ever done!

make sure you have a custody agreement in place and eveything is in writing. If that doesn't work out, then what about foster care?

oh it wont be like that .. i have full custody ..he gave me custody in exchangefor no cs.. he will be living in my home were my parents live ..he will be helping out till i find a job and get on my feel.he put me throw hell for 18 years ..i thank i deserve a little brake..

PuppetDani
by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Be very careful. you could go away and never get them back again

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:46 PM

i agree with the previous post. if you walk away you might never get them back again. i agree you need a break but what about getting him to keep the kids for a week and then making sure he picks them up and takes the to his house for the weekends.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I agree, I gave my older son to my ex temporarily while I was being hospitalized and he now lives permanently with his dad who looks down on me for going into the hospital to get help.  Maybe you can find another option.  Have you started with outpatient therapy or anything?

Quoting PuppetDani:

Be very careful. you could go away and never get them back again

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Quoting lyrick24:

i agree with the previous post. if you walk away you might never get them back again. i agree you need a break but what about getting him to keep the kids for a week and then making sure he picks them up and takes the to his house for the weekends.

i,m not walking away ..i,m just finding a job ...i,ll still be around..trust me he wont to that ..wth his heath i doubt he will even agree to it..i mit have to find another solution..he will be living wth my fam,me ..he will be a live in   baby sitter ...if he cant do it i,ll get my sister 20 year old daughter to do it ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN