Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Barely hanging on

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 14 Replies

I have been extremely depressed all week.  Today is the first day that I came to work and I want to go home already.  I just want to sleep and cry and do nothing.  I keep thinking about taking a bottle of sleeping pills.  I almost did the other day.  I can't concentrate, I'm numb, I just want to sleep.  I'm tired of pretending to be ok when I'm really not.  I'm screaming on the inside.  I can't get help right now so I have to keep dealing with this on my own.  But I don't know how much more I can take or how much longer I can go on.  I don't want to wake up anymore

by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM
"HUGS" I have felt like that one too many times- ( the being tired and crying) u should c if u could qualify for Medicaid or c if there is a state assisted mental health facility- no one should have to suffer for not having insurance or money - I started taking meds and I'm back to my old self kinda ( 20 pounds heavier :-() but if that's all I have to deal with I'm A ok with that! I really hope your able to find some help! Hang in there it does get better I promise!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM
BTW it all happened after having my last baby- my hormones never went back to normal-
mrsvixen
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Are you seeing someone for your depression? are you on meds?

does you work have a employee assistance program?

*hugs*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I would definitely seek help, call the local crisis line in your area or the local mental health clinic.  You need help and its not a weekness to ask for help.

I understand the feelings you have and you don't have to suffer with them.  You don't have to beleive everything that you think.  The thoughts of wanting to take pills and not wake up is the depression talking.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM

you cant put off getting help. if you feel like you want to take a bottle you need to go to the er where they can get you some help. your life is worth more than that. i have been there and theres no perfect time to get help but at the state you are you need to now.

Hilary799
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Call a health crisis hotline. If you need to talk, pm me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidslater2009
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I can't
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeriAZ
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Why do you say you cant get help right now???  You really need to talk to someone...Please take care of yourself...

sunangel803
by Angela on May. 11, 2012 at 7:59 AM
If its a financial issue keeping you from getting help, the ER will see you and evaluate you for whatever treatment you need. Trust me, suicidal thoughts with a potential plan IS an emergency. If you feel like you can stay safe without going to the ER, check around your area. A lot of community mental health centers do sliding scale fees based on your income. At the very least, call a suicide hotline (you can google it to get numbers) if you don't have friends or family you feel like you could talk to about this.

*hugs* I know things feel hopeless right now, but you DO have options for help. Take care!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN