Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

my kids hate me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

oh, does it feel like they hate me tremendously. they are 5,5,and 3. i feel like a complete piece of shit mom and its really getting to me. two of them have been throwing fits all day, one of them (5) acted out when i took him to school so bad that i couldnt even drop him off; i took him home and he spent the next few hours in his room by himself. dd(3) flips out crying and screaming over little things all day and the same 5 year old who threw a fit at school and didnt earn an ice cream this afternoon ripped up his mothers day card he made for me at school the day before. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM

i think youre just going through some tough ages right now. i  dont think they hate you. im sure you are a very good mother. hope things get better for you. hugs!

KeriAZ
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Its an off day when my kids dont hate me. They say ur not a good parent if they dont hate u at least once. Blow it off and look forward tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumuv5
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Those are difficult ages, did something change in the house that they may be upset? My DD is 6 and she is constantly having fits, she says various things that make me sad, but it's a fact of life with kids. Don't take it personally, when they act up just ignore them, it is extremely hard believe me I know, I have had to leave my daughter at school screaming, if you react they will just keep it up. They don't hate you, they are mad and can't fully understand their emotions and they don't know how to express themselves. We are always here for you to vent. (((hugs)))
matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM
This.

Quoting mumuv5:

Those are difficult ages, did something change in the house that they may be upset? My DD is 6 and she is constantly having fits, she says various things that make me sad, but it's a fact of life with kids. Don't take it personally, when they act up just ignore them, it is extremely hard believe me I know, I have had to leave my daughter at school screaming, if you react they will just keep it up. They don't hate you, they are mad and can't fully understand their emotions and they don't know how to express themselves. We are always here for you to vent. (((hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Kids go threw stages. It's too bad they are all going through a bad at once. Maybe tomorrow will be better. It does sound like it's just a bad day and they will get over it. Good Luck to you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2012 at 8:48 PM

The reason he threw a fit at school was because first he demanded i buy him ice cream (they sell it there every friday) and I said excuse me? you don't talk to me like that. ask nicely. He asked nicely. I said if his teacher said he behaved well today, then after class i;d buy it for him. Well, he went ape shit.  He highly embarrassed me by his behavior. DH and i fight sometimes and unfortunately its in front of them sometimes. i hate that :( 

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 11, 2012 at 9:44 PM

hugs mama! they don't hate you, they are just testing their boundaries.

rhodaj
by rho on May. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM
That is a difficult time. They are adjusting to a lot of things at that age.
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN