Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please keep my husband in your thoughts

Posted by   + Show Post

DH never leaves work when he is sick.  He is very sick and I am on my way to pick him up.  Its kind of a TMI illness but I think he may have something very wrong, he has frequent bouts of IBS symptoms and an uncle who died of colon cancer.

My dh has also lost a lot of weight he is 126 lbs and 5'9.

Thank you ladies for all your support.  If there is anything you can advise me to do about forcing him to see a doc I would appreciate it.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Replies (11-14):
TateTwo
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM

It's possible your husband is scared. My husband was before he went to the doctor (he's 6'5" and a healthy lookin guy).  He didn't admit it until his symptoms were driving him crazy.  He was afraid the doctor would tell him he had colon cancer.

But finally, he was so sick all the time and tired, that he told me to make him an appointment.  He had a colonospy and it turned out clean.  So he's being treated for something that's pretty common and treatable now. 

Ask him every day if you can make him an appointment to go see a doctor.  But if his symptoms get worse, you'll need to get a friend to help you load him up in the car and take him in.  Just remember, he's probably afraid of what the doctors will say so go easy on him.

~~ Nita
http://tatetwo.blogspot.com
rhodaj
by rho on May. 16, 2012 at 7:24 AM

you and him are in my thoughts

lucy164
by Peggy on May. 16, 2012 at 7:37 AM

what if you just made the appt. for him and tell him it's a done deal and maybe he'd go.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2012 at 9:15 AM

He doesn't want to talk about it. He's still sick but went into work today.  He says he just has the stomach bug that's going around work. His weight has stabilized for the past few months but when he started losing it it was really quick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)