Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

My grandson Vent no bashing please

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM
rho
  • 15 Replies

The last time I posted anything about my grandson I was bashed so bad I wasn't going to post in here again but I'm going to try it again.

My grandson went to see his psych dr tonight. His dr is a quack if you happen to ask me but that is my opinion. My grandson has been diagnosed with adhd and O.D.D. which he takes 2 different meds for. Now that he is on the 2nd med he does nothing when I say nothing I mean nothing. He sits there and just zones out. We have to make sure he eats before he takes his morning meds because he won't anything all day and then he has another pill to take at night so we have to make him eat before he takes that and we normally let him eat as much as he wants. The Dr doesn't see a problem with this and that he looks like he is anarexia. Which pretty much he is because he isn't eatting. I know my daughter doesn't like him and he has done said he doesn't want me going back with them because I was advacating for her and my grandsons and caught him in a bunch of lies like that he had read my grandsons chart that he would say my grandson may have bipolar if it ran in the family so I had to confront him about that because it is in his chart that I have been diagnosed with bipolar and the numerous other mental illnesses he was mad about that. The more I think of what my once happy go lucky grandson has turned into this zombie makes me madder everytime I look at him. Not at my grandson but the person that has over medicated him. 

by on May. 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymommy1105
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Get a new doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhodaj
by rho on May. 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Its hard when you are getting state assistance. I asked my dr if he took it and he said no only as a secondary insurance. Then we lack children psychlogist here. She wants to see if she can take him to another county to be seen at the childrens hospital but she has been waiting for an approval for 6 months

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM

what happens when he's not on the meds? I'm so sorry that you're dealing with that. Your grandson should be out enjoying being a kid, not zombie'd out on the couch.

rhodaj
by rho on May. 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

he is completly out of control. He will chase people with the intention to hurt them. Bang his head on the wall. Punch things. He gets bad enough that we actually have to restrain him. If he doesn't take them and that is the hardest thing for me to do but it is for his saftey I'm just glad I know how to do it properly

Quoting leahbeah143:

what happens when he's not on the meds? I'm so sorry that you're dealing with that. Your grandson should be out enjoying being a kid, not zombie'd out on the couch.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

aw poor kid! I hope you guys can get him set up with the right doctor and the right meds.

Quoting rhodaj:

he is completly out of control. He will chase people with the intention to hurt them. Bang his head on the wall. Punch things. He gets bad enough that we actually have to restrain him. If he doesn't take them and that is the hardest thing for me to do but it is for his saftey I'm just glad I know how to do it properly

Quoting leahbeah143:

looneymom424
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:21 AM

My kids saw a quack and I was medical assistance for them.  I had to stick with him.  Then we found another quack in another county he almost gave my son cerebal palsy he walked just like they did it took forever for me to get him to change his meds.

At age 18 my son quit taking any meds he started using drugs to control his symptoms today he is on ssi and still does nothing.  

I feel that these quacks diagnose them for paybacks from drug companies.  Some kids only need certain therapies and such not meds.

I feel for your grandson I was in the same position you are in my daughter was like that if she wasnt on some meds.  She also quit taking them at 18 and started using drugs.

It was the friends they had not the meds that made them use drugs I hope.  My youngest never did drugs but she wasnt on alot of meds either she barely needed them.  She was add.

Jennpuck
by on May. 22, 2012 at 1:03 AM

What a painful situation for all of you! Would the doctor be open to decreasing the dosages?

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:54 AM

i would talk to my daughter and see if she will get him another dr. i hope she doesnt like seeing him like this either. im sorry he is going through all of this. hope they get him on the right meds so he wont be a zombie. thats just not good. hugs rho!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2012 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I would talk to a lawyer about getting something like  a co-guardianship where you can make decisions on your grandson's behalf.  My parents did this with my oldest son when I was sick and in and out of the hospital so that they were able to take him to the doc or ER if necessary.

Your daughter won't lose her rights.

lucy164
by Peggy on May. 22, 2012 at 7:25 AM

i'm sorry that your grandson has so many problems.  no one should ever bash you for being a concerned grandmother.  could you possibly get him to see a different doctor?  anorexia is nothing to fool around with.  it's a serious and life threatening disorder.  i wish you a lot of luck with this.  i'm a grandmother too and would be very upset if this happened to mine.  good luck getting help for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN