Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

My grandson Vent no bashing please

Posted by   + Show Post

The last time I posted anything about my grandson I was bashed so bad I wasn't going to post in here again but I'm going to try it again.

My grandson went to see his psych dr tonight. His dr is a quack if you happen to ask me but that is my opinion. My grandson has been diagnosed with adhd and O.D.D. which he takes 2 different meds for. Now that he is on the 2nd med he does nothing when I say nothing I mean nothing. He sits there and just zones out. We have to make sure he eats before he takes his morning meds because he won't anything all day and then he has another pill to take at night so we have to make him eat before he takes that and we normally let him eat as much as he wants. The Dr doesn't see a problem with this and that he looks like he is anarexia. Which pretty much he is because he isn't eatting. I know my daughter doesn't like him and he has done said he doesn't want me going back with them because I was advacating for her and my grandsons and caught him in a bunch of lies like that he had read my grandsons chart that he would say my grandson may have bipolar if it ran in the family so I had to confront him about that because it is in his chart that I have been diagnosed with bipolar and the numerous other mental illnesses he was mad about that. The more I think of what my once happy go lucky grandson has turned into this zombie makes me madder everytime I look at him. Not at my grandson but the person that has over medicated him. 

by on May. 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Replies (11-15):
lucy164
by Peggy on May. 22, 2012 at 7:40 AM

i'm sorry.  i just reread your post and i see how you couldn't just get another md.  what if you took him to the er and have them check him out and the doctor there could call his md and explain that he needs differerent meds?  let us know how he's doing.

daysfan2004
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Hugs. I hope things get better soon.

mrsvixen
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2012 at 12:44 PM

It does sound like he's being over medicated. Can you bring him to a new doctor?

wolfqueen666
by on May. 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

It's hard to deal with when you see a loved one not getting the treatment they need.  I'd say if you can find a doctor who takes your insurance, get a second opinion of what meds your grandchild needs.  I used to suffer from depression and I was put on a medication that didn't work at all.  Medication for something like that is trial and error.  Sometimes it takes time to see that it doesn't work and then change it to something that does.  Good luck.

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM

She is going to go and redo my poa for all 3 of her children so I can have a say so in there treatments. That way I can take him to the psych dr instead of him. So if he doesn't start treating him with the correct meds. I think he would do good with therapy every week but the quack doesn't think he needs councling.  But he doesn't realize I have all the numbers for the state of Ohio for mental health and I will call them. I will also get an advocate from NAMI to go to appointments with me if I have to which I shouldn't considering I have had the same training as them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)