Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

New here, just wanted to say hi

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone! My name is Patricia, I had my dd Isabelle in December, she's my first. The transition to motherhood has been less than smooth, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm currently trying to finish my master's degree in psychology. I was set to graduate but took a leave of abscence because I didn't want to risk going into labor (or worrying about going into labor) while trying to pass my exams. I was supposed to go back in February but was having symptoms of ppd so I postponed it. I'm getting ready to start next week and although I'm getting nervous, I feel like I'm in  a much better situation. I've been dealing with depression on and off for 13 years, and more recently I was diagnosed with GAD. So there's a lot going on. Most days I can deal, but other times I get so overwhelmed and it becomes hard not to slip back into old behaviors. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and maybe being able to help someone else...

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
2011CaliMom
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Hi Patricia, I'm Kathleen. I'm pretty new here too. My DD is my first and was born last Nov. Did you start back at school? How are you doing?

boshs1andonly
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Kathleen! Yes I started school last week, and it's going pretty well. When I tried going back a few months ago, I had such a rough time doing my assignments. I couldn't focus and I had a hard time getting anything done. This time around it's been so much better. It really helps that dd is bigger and has a little bit more of a routine now. That and we transitioned her to her crib so now I don't have to hold her all day. Now the only thing that's bothering me is this baby weight. I was losing it, then it started coming back (could be my anti-depresant, not sure though). I tried working out and I'll do it for a few days then get off track. But I'm trying not to let that get to me, and just keep trying every day. Sometimes I have to remind myself that every day is a new one and my choices tomorrow don't have to affect my choices for today kwim?

Quoting 2011CaliMom:

Hi Patricia, I'm Kathleen. I'm pretty new here too. My DD is my first and was born last Nov. Did you start back at school? How are you doing?

CafeMom Tickers
twinmama2five
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Hi Patricia, welcome to the group.  Good luck finishing up your Master's, what an awesome accomplishment!

Yavonne

Mama to five

Dereksmom1018
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Don't worry about the weight right now, just get through your schooling then you can work out lke crazy. Just stay healthy. Hard boiled eggs are supposed to be good for memory function. Carry a few when you go to class with a bottle of water.

boshs1andonly
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM

My classroom is my house lol. I go to school online, which helps because at least I don't have to do the commute. I know you're right about the weight, I just can't help it, it's always been a sore spot for me since I blew up while on depo. I am trying to work out, but mostly because I feel so much better after wards, but I'm trying to keep my focus on my school and not so much on the losing weight part. After I finish my classes I can take off what I haven't already lost. 

Quoting Dereksmom1018:

Don't worry about the weight right now, just get through your schooling then you can work out lke crazy. Just stay healthy. Hard boiled eggs are supposed to be good for memory function. Carry a few when you go to class with a bottle of water.

CafeMom Tickers
boshs1andonly
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Thank you!

Quoting twinmama2five:

Hi Patricia, welcome to the group.  Good luck finishing up your Master's, what an awesome accomplishment!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)