Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

So I think the Buspar is working for my anxiety, yay!

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

I've only been on it for a few days now but the little things that used to bother me so much and get me so agitated and restless don't anymore.  I hope that it is bc of the buspar bc I really don't want anymore med changes right now.  I am going to continue taking the 10 mg in the morning and the 10 mg in the evening and see how I feel.  Sometimes I get a little tired but I am not getting dizzy which is one of the major common side effects of the meds.  Anyways, I will keep you posted but so far so good, knock on wood.

by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucy164
by Peggy on May. 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM

i've asked my psych md for buspar, but he wouldn't.  he gave me a small dose of klonopin insead.  i'm going to ask him again cause i've heard good things about it.  glad it works for you!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM

im glad you are getting good results! i hope it continues to work for you!

ZmomBare
by on May. 24, 2012 at 9:39 AM

My son (13) takes buspar and he had the same side effects at first, but now he takes a small dosage 3 times a day and man it is a huge difference.  A couple day's ago, I was bringing him his early afternoon dose, the pill is manufactured by the same as my klonopin, the only difference is the number on the back (OMG what a nightmare when filling med keepers), any way I accidentally took his, I think it may of worked better than what I have been taking for several years now!  Don't worry the side effects will wear off and hopefully your doctor is slowly increasing your dosage, he started at 5mg twice a day and after about 6 months now takes 10 mg three times a day.  Sounds like you have a good doctor, I know anxiety is horrible, especially when more than one person in the household has it.

butterfly

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2012 at 10:20 AM

That's great! It helped me when I was on it.

I now take viibryd which is buspar and another anti-depressant mixed together because my depressive cycles were really low and frequent.

JansRainbow
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I am glad theBuspar is working for you. I took it for a long time. Then I had a med change. I now take Lexapro which is for depression and anxiety and Seroquel(during the day and a large dose at night). Dealing with anxiety can be awful. I hope you continue to feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN