Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I always wanted to be a SAHM, but not like this!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Hi Everyone, I will try to keep this short and sweet. I am in my early 30s with a soon to be 3 yr old. I always held a good job until recently. I am now a SAHM b/c we cant afford daycare for me to go back to work. I am just wondering if anyone has been in my shoes and how you got through this.

This should be the happiest time of my life, but I just feel overwhelmed with our bills, debt (including student loans), holding the house together, etc. I just wish I could let it flow and not worry about our bills and focus on my child more. I am very unhappy and I dont want to be a depressed mommy. It makes me not be the best mom that I know I could be. Any sugguestions? Thanks for any input.....

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VirgoMom07
by on May. 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Is a part-time job an option? Maybe just a couple nights or weekends? For me, I feel it's important to have something outside of the home even just to get out and have a little "adult time". It also takes a little financial stress off just to be able to pay a few bills. Hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SourRoses
by Member on May. 31, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Work opposite hours your husband? or a part time job on the days he is off? for example, if my DH works from 8am to 4pm then I would find a job working from 5pm to when ever. that way both people work, no need for childcare and you still get to see your children for the majority of the day. or if your DH is off weekends you could get a part time weekend job. hope this helps. Good luck :)

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 31, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I was going to suggest the same thing as the other ladies ~ can you look into a part time job?

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on May. 31, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Would you like to babysit?Try care.com or sittercity.com. Post your profile for free,set your rate and availability.  It is soo hard to get gd child care,Moms would love you.  I have found awesome sitters on these sites.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 31, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Thank you! This is something more up my alley right now. I will look into this.

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Would you like to babysit?Try care.com or sittercity.com. Post your profile for free,set your rate and availability.  It is soo hard to get gd child care,Moms would love you.  I have found awesome sitters on these sites.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:21 AM

yes i would suggest babysitting and they have given you some good sites. that way you could be a sahm and still contribute to the family. there is good money in babysitting. or you could advertise in the local newspaper.

mommy0708toJC
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Work opposit hours of your husband that's what I'm having to do just so we can get on our feet. It will be hard and we know that but we really want stability for us. 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Do you budget? What has helped us is taking stock of what we spend and cutting out what isn't necessary.  I think the babysitting idea is good too.

Student loans suck, its the only debt you can't consolidate or make compromises on.

ackebea
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I am single with 4 and I have been in your shose believe me. The only diffrence is that I didn't have someone to help me out so I had to bring some money in myself, so I started my own business. Unfortunatly I went through a few scams which costed me a fortune first, but I never gave up and gave great results :)

Dont give up!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Can you give me some ideas of buisness I can start or websites I can go to that are not scams??

Quoting ackebea:

I am single with 4 and I have been in your shose believe me. The only diffrence is that I didn't have someone to help me out so I had to bring some money in myself, so I started my own business. Unfortunatly I went through a few scams which costed me a fortune first, but I never gave up and gave great results :)

Dont give up!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)